House Boat Hotels Ltd
Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$71
Leopold Hotel(Sheffield)
$112
$58
  • Restaurant
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$69
Priceline
Halifax Hall(Sheffield)
$79
$76
All reviewsbunk bedsextra spacebirthday treata great staymillieheatingfridgekeystram
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit in three months and I have to say Mel and Mark just keep excelling themselves. The boats are new and modern, very clean and very tidy. This time we stayed for longer, we just can't get enough of the boat and it's amazing location, in fact we are about to book again for three more weekends next year. From the moment we arrive we want for nothing, Mel and Mark provide everything from towels to shampoo, dishcloths to washing up liquid, even little chocolates placed on your towels. The boats are lovely situated in a lovely little quay with a bar/restaurant just to one side and a sandwich shop to the other side. Less than 5 minutes walk and your in Sheffield city centre. If you feel you'd like a break away with a difference please give this a try I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. Its my little hide away holiday, I love it and know that you will too!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked to stay on lily may, but just before we arrived we found out that there were new owners with their own new boats. I have to say that the new owners Mel and Mark gave us such a warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. The two new boats are amazing, very comfortable and everything you need is there. The Quays Bar 1819 is just a few steps away from the boat, but the area is still very quiet, the spa facilities at the Hilton Hotel is also a few steps away. I would recommend these boats to anyone and we enjoyed it so much we've booked again for September. We stayed for three nights with the intention of going out and about in Sheffield, but we enjoyed the boat that much we didn't venture further than the immediate area. Please give these boats a try for a break with a difference you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michele1924
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This 'hotel' is a must do if you are in the area. We booked an overnight stay on board house boat hotels for something different to do. How fortunate we were to find that the business had been bought by Mel very recently and 2 absolutely fab boats had been introduced. The boat we were in is stunning. It is extremely clean and really well equipped. All reviews prior to June 2013 are likely to relate to the old boats and previous owners - do not pay these reviews any heed. House boat hotels is fantastic and I definitely recommend it - we look forward to coming back soon. Thanks for a fab stay

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Mikecox1981
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I found this on laterooms, as a business traveller I get bored of the standard box type rooms you get in the hotels. I'm so glad I stumbled on this! BRAND NEW boats decked out immaculately, I met Wendy, the new owner, lovely lady and her husband, who showed me how everything works and made sure there was plenty of water on board so I could shower etc. I sat out on deck, fed the ducks, watched the fish (huge!) swimming around.
Literally a 5 minute walk into the city centre. An idyllic, peaceful setting, with no outside noise, good comfy beds, very spacious and everything catered for if you we're staying longer, cups cutlery etc.
The reviews on here are based on the old boats, these are NEW boats with a great specification.
Book it, you'll not be disappointed"

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed on Lily May for an experience. It cost as much as the Holiday Inn express just across the road, although the rooms at holiday inn are far cleaner, quieter, and comes with breakfast. Found the boat not as clean as it could be and appliances did not work. Was not impressed and would not be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends