“food ok to poor service very poor cost unreal drink nice”
Review of The Dore Moor Inn

The Dore Moor Inn
Ranked #472 of 1,447 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Dore Moor Inn in Dore Sheffield is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“food ok to poor service very poor cost unreal drink nice”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

sadley this place is going down hill fast been coming here for over 12 years and sadley will now only go in the summer for a drink in there beer garden.
ON ARRIVEL FOR A MEAL
sat down 4 of us and asked to order food and drink at bar (thats fine)
when i sat down with drinks and ordered.
Tables around started filling up and they got service at there table(ps we looked the part smart dressed)
when food arrive a waitress nearly dropped oil from the bread nearly over me
when main meals came total wrong sauce on places that should not have had it on and the ones that should have had it on did not AND I CLEARLY STATED WHEN ORDERING TO WHICH WAS WHAT
FOOD
not worth the money for pub food
the mixed grill very poor at £15 and plain and bland

all in all go at your own risk or if your drunk or have a cold so taste buds have gone
the stella was nice only had the one pint

HOW CLEAN WAS THE PLACE
sadley where we sat it was not
as there was peas on the floor looked like a few of them had been there a long time
and looking around i dont think they sort the floor out unless they see piles of stuff around

will start taking photos as did not know i could so my next meal i go for i will have photos to prove its baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

• Visited February 2013

“Wouldn't come back service very poor asked to order at the bar when everyone one had table service we was talked about as back l”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Brought my little boy who was no trouble and people turned there noses up at a two year old eating ice cream

Asked for no salad dressing as I'm allergic and it came with salad dressing

Ordered two mix grills at £15 each and the quality of the meat was very poor

My little boy dropped his bottle and all over the floor was bits of food from previous people

Leeds
“I will not return, service is poor”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I first visited in october 2012 an everything was really good,

However since then I have made two more visits and both times left very disapointed.

One of the visits was a pop in for a drink after a day in the peak district, my girlfriend ordered a hot chocolate which we where told would be brought to the table we had to go up twice to ask for it, I had all but finished my pint by the time it came think it was around 30 mins later, we where one of three tables in their so not busy, I think the waitress was more intrested in talking to her friend who was having her lunch.

Although we left with a sour taste for the place, remembering how much we enjoyed the food the first time we went we gave it one more go and decided to go one sunday for some food. We booked online for a table and arrived slightly early but we where seated striaght away. Unfortantly we where placed on a table adjacent to a larger group with five kids which was not ideal the kids where well behaved just been kids, tho when your out for a meal for two isnt ideal, something Id hope wouldnt happen and management by organised seating arrangements better. We then ordered some food, opting for the roasts we each ordered, unfortantly when the food came, I was brought the wrong food it didnt click untill the waitress left I was going to bring it to the attention of the sauce person when they came but they didnt arrive until five mins later, I was getting hungry and knew all that would happen is my plate be taken away and the meat swopped leaving me veg etc to go cold, so I just ate the meal which was nice though nearly £10 for that price not great, and normally I would expect a roast to fill me up this did not, I went home and had to make myself a sandwich.

Its a shame from my first visit thought found a nice place but poor service is really letting it down. I might go try the fox inn i think its called near by same chain perhaps their service is better

• Visited December 2012
Sheffield
“You have redeemed yourselves...!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visited last year for New Year's Eve, and it was terrible. Anyhow, things have improved throughout 2012, so we booked again for this New Year's Eve, and brought family with us. Well, it was marvellous. Staff were amazing, food great, and Frank Sinatra was very entertaining indeed. Well done all the staff, and thank you for a lovely lovely New Year's Eve.

• Visited December 2012
Sheffield
“Beware of the vinegar!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came to the pub for a meal with visiting parents on a Saturday night. The pub itself is lovely and has a very cosy feel. The menu is part of the Vintage Inn chain and is what I would call "posh pub grub" We had booked a table and if you are planning to visit on a Saturday night I would recommend booking as it was very busy.

Prices are varied and there is a good choice. Haddock and chips was £7.99 or if you like steak, for example, a sirloin was just over £14. Portions aren't huge but you will certainly feel satisfied.

I chose the haddock and wasn't disappointed. The fish was huge and coated in a lovely crisp batter. Served with mushy peas and "seasoned chips"

I have a few gripes about this pub/restaurant:

1: because its trying to be a bit upmarket the condiments are brought to the table by the waiter in a long wooden tray, in small ceramic pots, for you to help your self then are taken away. The vinegar was in an open top jug. Whoever had this idea clearly doesn't use vinegar, ether that or they like their food swimming in it! Absolutely impossible to have a small sprinkling on your chips, I didn't even try!

2: you are certainly not encouraged to hang around for a drink after you've eaten. We were all full do didn't want dessert. So when we declined to see the dessert menu the waiter just brought the bill straight over.

3: my big concern here is the poorly lit "overflow" part of the car park. As the main car park was full on our arrival we had to park on the extra bit. There was no light at all and the location of the pub means its very dark. We had to walk up an incline that had a very uneven area to in and a row of what appeared to be cobbles so please beware should you use this area of the car park if you are in anyway unsteady on your feet.

Ultimately we went to enjoy a nice meal and we all did. I just feel there are these few things I've mentioned that could be improved upon.

• Visited January 2013