“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Got a very good deal through Laterooms, breakfast not included but we paid for it one morning and it was fine. Check-in was prompt and available at the advertised time (14:00).

This is a nice modern hotel, it doesn't feel tired or in need of a refurb in any way which many hotels nowadays do.

Its about a 15 minute walk in to the centre of town, wi-fi is free (but only in communal areas). The room itself was very nice and had a lovely en-suite bathroom and 32" LCD TV built in to the wall. Free parking is available next to the hotel but arrive early if there is a SUFC home game on as parking fills up quickly.

The hotel also has a great gym which we both used

Room service was prompt

Overall I would definately stay here again if I were visiting Sheffield

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Turkish first
west midlands
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We did a travelzoo deal here on 27 August. This included a 3 course set meal with a bottle of wine as well as breakfast. The evening meal was really nice with a good choice. The presentation was brilliant. The staff were very friendly and efficient and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The rooms were of a high standard. If you are in this area you won't be disappointed if you stay here.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Previously I've stayed elsewhere in Sheffield but tried the Copthorne as I got the room for a complete steal (<£50) and needed somewhere with parking.

I have to say I was seriously impressed; it's new and well fitted out, the rooms are spacious and well finished, facilities were excellent (including the aforementioned parking and a really good gym)

I didn't eat dinner here but had breakfast, which was OK. Nice coffee. But as a place to stay it was very good, and superb value. It felt like a £150 a night hotel, so for the price I paid (less than a budget motel chain!) it was a no-brainer. I'd stay here again, without any hesitation

Downsides? No wifi in the rooms (bit lame in this day and age), the surrounding area is a bit rough around the edges, and as an Owl I did feel a bit unclean on account of the unpleasant red&white clad neighbours, but I held my nose and put up with it on account of the value ;-)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Had a lovely couple of nights stay at the Copthorne last week, we used it as a base for visiting places in the Peak District. The hotel is very modern and attached to Sheffield United's ground which makes it more interesting for a football fan like me. The rooms are a good size and the bed was the most comfortable I've slept in for a long time. The staff were most helpful and polite whoever we spoke to. The only meals we had in the restaurant were breakfast and there was plenty of choice from the buffet and the quality was good. I would definitely stay here if I was coming to this area again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CopthorneSheffield, Marketing Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review as feedback is very important to us here at the Copthorne Hotel, Sheffield. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you managed to see some of the local scenery.
We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Sheffield.
Best wishes from the Management Team.
staffordshire
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Excellent in every way. D,B and B rate fantastic value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My partner and I have just returned home from a two night stay at the Copthorne Hotel in Sheffield. On arrival I think its fair to say we were a touch shocked that the hotel was practically attached to sheffield united FC, you could say its there USP! The best hotel of this price bracket we have stayed in. In fact better than some higher price range hotel's we have stayed in! The hotel is beautifully decorated, the rooms are spacious, again the decor great, super comfy beds!! we never wanted to get up! We booked the weekend last minute due to an amazing offer through another website, my partner was extremely dubious as the deal seemed to good to be true, but all was as expected and more. We paid a small extra supplement to upgrade our food menu on both nights, the restaurant was good, service was good, the ostrich!! I've never eaten Ostrich before, but we both ate it on both nights it was that nice, I have to say one of the nicest main meals i've ever eaten! We are avid gym goer's, the gym was ultra modern, and we enjoyed using it during our stay. The location may not seem great, however a short 20min drive in the car and your @ Meadow Hall shopping centre, which is a great place to shop. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and we felt like we'd robbed you ;0 If we were to come across the same deal again @ this hotel we would come back, xmas shopping perhaps?!

My only criticisms would be, the view from our room was not the best, although nothing that we didn't expect and didn't affect our stay in any way. I feel you need more staff on in the dining area at breakfast and dinner times, particularly breakfast, as you cater for a large number of guests and one chef trying to keep everything full, larger dishes of food and more staff to keep the levels of everything up as I did see people waiting around for the dishes to be refilled, check in was also a little slow, due to one member of staff checking in and getting the phones, but small suggestions, for a very well run hotel. Keep up the good work, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CopthorneSheffield, Marketing Executive at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Thank you for posting your comments on this site. We're very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We value all feedback and will be passing on your comments to our staff as it is through such comments that we can continue to meet, and hopefully exceed, the expectations of our valued customers.
In the meantime we look forward to seeing you again on your return to Sheffield.
Best wishes from the Management Team.
cambridgeshire
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Booked this at the last minute on Friday night to stop as part of a deal which included evening meal and wine on Saturday night.
The room was very clean, modern bathroom, and spacious with settee and flat screen tv, and even an ironing board, and a fridge.
We upgraded to the al a carte menu and enjoyed some excellant food, the ostrich and chocolate sauce was just mmmm.
Breakfast was again of good qualty and hot, and all the staff were friendly and cheerful. A really good value booking which I would definitely come back again and enjoy.
Only downside was no real ale, a glass of white wine £7.95.