Copthorne Hotel Sheffield
Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)
$94
$89
  • Pool
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$87
$73
  • Restaurant
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
$78
PremierInn.com
1,386 results
All reviewsfootball groundfootball stadiumclub roommatch daysbramall lanecity centrelondon roadcar parkfootball matchplenty of free parkingshower curtainexcellent hotelmini fridgemodern hotelbar areagood sizeroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went to the Copthorne for a Christmas Party night, turned out to be not a good idea, poor service, even poorer food and long delays, overpriced drinks. There were about 200 or so people packed into the room with little space between the table people pushing past you to get to the bar, the service was poor not enought staff serving the meal too well over two hours to serve, cold starter okay but soup was not very warm, dessert quite nice but main course very poor two wafer thin slices of turkey over cooked parsnips three small roast potatoes and an object they called stuffing. no entertainment apart from poor disco and all this at a cost of £30.
But then again its Christmas and when the punters have had a few drinks down them some people think they can get away with anthing but we wont be booking there next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bill B
Trevor V, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Bill B,

Thank you very much for your review of our Festive Christmas party after your recent visit. We view all feedback received very seriously as it assists us in monitoring our standards of service and hospitality.

Please accept my apology that we clearly did not meet your expectations. I would be delighted if you could give me a telephone call at the hotel which will allow us to discuss the issue further.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I came on Friday for my work's Christmas do. I didn't have high hopes as most work dos aren't known for their good food just for a good drink. However I was pleasantly surprised. The food was fabulous, I enjoyed every bit. Service and quality of the food was great. If I had to find a negative it would be very petty but the sprouts were a bit over done for my liking. Hardly worth mentioning. Everything else was delicious. Will certainly be going back to experience the food again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Trevor V, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear ReginaFalangyUK,

Thank you for your positive feedback received on our Festive party night. I am so glad to hear that you had a great evening with us.

We sincerely appreciate your super compliments and hope you will join us again for one of our tribute evenings in the New Year.

We look forward to welcoming you back for any future visits.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated.
Check in and out were hassle free.
Music from the Xmas party 2 floors below us could be heard, but we were advised about this at check in.
Left early so didn't have breakfast so can't comment.
Would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Pubgirl73,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your commenst and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Thnak you also for taking such a forgiving view of the noise disruption from our Christmas function. I do hope that you were not overly disturbed.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your return to Sheffield.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Copthorne for the second time with my boyfriend. Although the room was not as large as the room we had previously (we just went for a standard room) it was still a very comfortable size and had all the amenities we required. The rooms in the hotel are very clean and the staff are very helpful. The only things which let it down are slight maintenance issues like the bathroom door not closing properly and tears in the bed sheets. Overall I was impressed and would stay again if visiting Sheffield.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Trevor V, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Joanne G,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay.

Please accept my apology for the issues encountered with the bathroom door and torn bed sheet. I assure you that we will take immediate corrective action to rectify these shortcomings.

I am glad to see that this experience did not overly detract from your stay and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The drab outside appearance of this hotel is in total contrast to the excellent interior. Stayed here for one night and have no complaints. The reception staff and waiters are professional and courteous. Our room which overlooked the football stadium , was spotless. Breakfast has an excellent choice of hot and cold food.
One suggestion : a pot of tea / coffee on each table would be more convenient than asking the waiting staff for "top ups".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Trevor V, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Nigel G,

Thank you for your valuable and positive feedback received. We sincerely appreciate your superb compliments and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay with us.

We are indeed considering a change to our breakfast beverage service in the New Year and we will take your constrauctive comments into consideration as we possibly adjust our standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back for any future visits.