“NIce hotel, but beware of the car park underneath it.”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
London, United Kingdom
“NIce hotel, but beware of the car park underneath it.”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel was pleasant and the room I had was large and light. Being at a conference in the city I had no meals at the hotel.

There are road works all round the hotel at the moment, but overall I was impressed with the development of the centre of Sheffield.

The only issue I had was with the car park below the hotel. Outside the car park was a sign saying "£2.50 for all day". This seemed very good value, and since this seemed to be the closest place to the hotel I parked there.

Although there were still several Jurys Inn notices on the wall, there seemed to be some issue between the car park owners and the hotel. The ticket I bought from the machine said "Jurys Inn" on it, but the door from the car park which looked as if it would go up to the lobby was locked. It was a nuisance but I walked round the building.

The next morning on checking out, I asked if there was a quicker way through to the car park. The staff of the hotel were very quick to deny any link between the hotel and the car park. "Strange," I thought.

I got to my car to find a ticket on it. When I tracked down someone in the car park he alleged that a day had less than 24 hours. It was £2.50 for the day, but there was an additional fee for staying there overnight. I would have to pay the fine etc.

I'm sending in a letter complaining to the car park company, but from the reaction of the hotel staff, I wonder whether this has happened before. If so, the hotel could perhaps either warn people, or get the cowboy car park to take down any notices with the Jurys Inn name.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
26 Thank Tedxtraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
newcastle
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed at the Jurys Inn for a weekend break whilst visiting family in Sheffield. Hotel is a short walk from the train station and about 10-15 minute walk to shops and restaurants. Room was on ninth floor with good views across city. Modern rooms with everything you need, nice shower. Booked directly through the hotel website which seemed to be the cheapest option. Only negative was on the Friday night road outside was a bit noisy with cars. Apart from this I would recommend this hotel for a short break.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Really enjoyed my experience at the Jury's Inn. Stayed with a group of friends as we were all attending a wedding in Sheffield over the weekend. Staff were really helpful and polite.

The only tiny thing that niggled me was check out. It was a bit cagey - I stood in front of two receptionists for a good few minutes (even pulling the old "ahem" - but to no avai) before they stopped faffing with papers etc and actually asked if I needed anythng. Having worked on a reception within a hotel chain before I was a little disappointed - I would have got in trouble for ignoring a guest! Not sure an AA inspector would be wow'd by that either!

However the receptionist was really kind / polite so his smile sort of saved it for me, and I checked out happily.

Thank you very much Jury's Inn for a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Sheffield65, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Feedback is very important to us here at Jurys Inn Sheffield, I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and please be assured that I will certainly speak to my reception team as the greeting of guests as you well know from your time working in a hotel is vital as both a first and indeed lasting impression.

I do hope that you will come and stay with us again when you are next in Sheffield.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed overnight on Saturday whilst visiting Sheffield to see our daughter and attend the Tramlines Festival .
The hotel is in a very good position being within a few minutes walk to the city centre . It is very clean and modern with all staff being friendly and helpful . We had a very good rate for a double room of £39 which was excellent value . It was a very spacious room and had a double and single bed with good quality bedding , towels and toiletries also having a flat screen television and internet access too - payable at reception or free if a drink was bought in the lounge .
We didnt have breakfast in the hotel , prefering to have a walk into the centre and eat there .
Parking is close by - we used the Moor car park which is across the road and it costs £4 for overnight parking and with a 25% discount on any extra time - you get a blue disc from the car park and when you are ready to leave the car park it is validated at the hotel reception .
We had a great time at the Tramlines Festival itself and wouldn t hesitate in stopping at Jurys again .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emmanicolaliam
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for writing your review, I am delighted to receive your positive feedback on our hotel. We do at all times try to ensure that we maintain and improve our standards and it is through feedback from yourselves that we continue to monitor our progress and ensure that we continue to meet the needs of our much valued customers.

I do hope that you continue to use Jurys Inn as your hotel of choice and indeed when you are back in Sheffield again visiting your daughter.

N Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Excellent location near all the main facilities in the city. Car parks (at a good rate) across the road made parking easy. Double room at £49 per night represented excellent value. Breakfast was of a very good standard. I would have no hesitation staying here again. Staff were courteous and friendly

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank robertd93
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our guests and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Sheffield.

I do hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayes in the hotel for 10 days during the world cup goalball.
The hotel is new and very modern. Rooms are good size, good beds and had a very nice shower. Food was served very well and was tasty. Overall a good value for money!

Some suggestions:
- some more space for clothes is welcome for longer stays.
- a salads bar, would make the dinner perfect.

• Stayed July 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at Jurys Inn Sheffield and we were honour to be hosting your event.

I do hope the event comes back to Sheffield again and please be assured that your suggestions will certainly be looked into.

Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2010

A very clean, spacious modern room that I would happily have paid far more for. Booking through laterooms, I managed to get a room for just £39, but it is easily worth more than double that. Probably the best value for money hotel in Sheffield right now.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo