“Best 3* I have stayed in”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Best 3* I have stayed in”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was £62 a night for a twin room and was a cheap overnights stay for 2 people. I wasnt expecting much because it was so cheap. I looked at the reviews before goimg and saw that it was a nice place to stay.
The reception staff was polite and friendly, they gave good knowledge of shopping and bars close by.
The room was a great size, clean and modern. It was as good as any hilton I have stayed in. Free wifi in room for 24hrs. Decent channels on the tele. Shampoo,conditioner and shower gel in the bath room.
Beds were really comfy. Rooms air conditioning was great.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a place to stay when visiting sheffield, it is only a 5 min walk to shops, bars and restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank KerryAnn85
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear KerryAnn85,
Many thanks for taking time out to share your experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you had such a positive stay. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.
David Livingstone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Alairac
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Poor service at bar. One hr waiting for a dessert. Television in room not working: poour cable signal. Wake up call did not call despite clear instruction to a telephone service. No butter at breakfast in bkfs restaurant ("we have run out of butter....!)
I strongly suggest to rent a couple if cows, park them in the hall and have daily fresh milk and butter!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Fulcieri M
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The location of this hotel is City Centre, it has no car park although there is a NCP multi storey opposite, at first i was a little nervous about leaving my car there overnight however the car park is securely locked at midnight and re-opened at 7am. You also get reduced car parking if you present the coin you are given to reception on check out. The hotel itself is modern and serves well as overnight accommodation but I wouldn't want to stay here any longer. To access anything other than the ground floor, a room card is needed. the rooms are a reasonable size and are modern and appear clean, an iron and ironing board can be requested from reception, shower was of a good power and air conditioning in room 303 worked very well. The hotel has a bar area but why you would want to sit and drink there when you are 5 minutes walk from the Devonshire quarter where all the bars and pubs are is beyond me. Breakfast was poor, hardly any selection to choose from and quality of bacon which was very fatty wasn't good. Overall this hotel for the money (paid £56 bed and breakfast) is decent value, however it's a overnight stay hotel for me.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dasdasas C,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am very sorry to hear that we didn't meet all your expectations this time. Your comments have been shared with my management team to ensure that the issues you raised are resolved. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.
Darwen
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Rooms large, very clean and really comfortable. Good centre location and easy access. Security is top as you end your room pass to access the lifts. Food not too good but the shining light is Lee the barman - friendly, welcoming and puts a smile on your face.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shetlock01
Dear Shetlock01,
Thank you for taking time out to write about your recent stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield. It is great to see you enjoyed our facilities and are impressed with out security levels, a top propriety for us. Many thanks also for your kind words about Lee, I will be sure to pass them on. I hope to see you back at Jurys Inn Sheffield again.
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Travelled from Guernsey, Channel Islands, bringing our son to Sheffield Children's Hospital seeking the professional opinion of a top UK Orthopaedic Surgeon upon referral.
Countering amputation and prosthesis or surgical intervention with prosthesis our journey already proffered a heightened sense of anxiety
Arriving before our room was ready, the friendly welcome and ease of check in afforded us comfortable accommodation, amenities and central location alleviating stress complimented by an efficient and reliable taxi service
All staff were very friendly and helpful but of note was Lee the barman.
Not knowing him, his welcome, service and especially his engagement with our son (Brazil were playing Germany) stood out from the norm
We would certainly stay again if our need dictates

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MacMahuna
Dear MacMahuna,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed our facilities at the hotel and that your found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will ensure your kind words are communicated to Lee and the team. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.
Kind Regards,
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The staff are very helpful and friendly. The room was good, 3 beds, a fair amount of space. Really close to the city centre and train station. I didn't try the bar or restaurant but they lied ok. It says you have free wi fi, you do, but it is limited unless you have booked directly through Jury's Inn.

The best thing of all? There is an ice machine! What more could you want?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pat67920
Dear Pat67920,
Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed in Jurys Sheffield on Saturday 5th July for one night for the Tour de France. Hotel is lovely, spotlessly clean and the staff are very efficient and friendly. Located right in the city centre so great for restaurants etc. Bar area is great and we had our ten year old son with us and there was no -problem having a drink in the hotel bar and watching the match on the Saturday night with him with us. Reception staff were fantastic, especiall Jade and Simon, so helpful and friendly! Overall a brilliant weekend and if ever we came to Sheffield again would defo stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank sharon p
Dear Sharon P,
Many thanks for your kind review of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our facilities and many thanks for your kind words about Jade and Simon. I will be sure to pass this on to them and the team. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Sheffield in the near future.