“Great Location”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here in December for 2 nights. The location is ideal. The hotel itself is modern and clean, however the rooms are smaller than we thought and we also found that some of the bar staff were rather rude! Parking is also a bit of a nightmare! Apart from the slight negatives we had a great trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am very sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations this time. Your comments have been shared with my management team to ensure this doesn't happen again. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have stayed in the Jury Inn Sheffield many times in the past few years. It saddens me to write this review because the standards at this hotel are normally very high!

The check in was smooth. Payment was taken quickly and key cards dispatched. The room was on the 4th floor.

The room was clean, spacious with bed, sofa, dressing table, wardrobe and bedside tables. The bathroom was also spotless and free shampoo and body wash available in dispensers.

That is where the good points about the room end! The toilet was broken and constant running water. We rang about the problem but this was not fixed. In the morning the toilet would not flush and we had to wait until it had filled up to flush, this took at least 20 minutes. The next grumble was the fact that the room was in a very noisy corridor and you could hear other guest and they kept on banging their doors.

When we had a few drinks in the bar in the evening we noticed that you could get a free Wi-Fi code. I know the hotel does not have free Wi-Fi. We ordered a couple of rounds from the bar so ended up with three Wi-Fi codes that we could use back at the room. When back in the room we were unable to use these codes, as they were invalid, another disappointment.

The breakfast was served from 7am until 12pm. A very good selection of hot, cold and continental breakfasts, well worth the extra money we had paid for breakfast. If you are staying here book breakfast, as it is worth the money.

A little disappointed with the stay, just hope they can fix these problems otherwise I will not be staying at Jury’s Inn anymore. I must say that staff were friendly but it is a shame that someone did not pass on my complaint about the toilet or Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 419!
1  Thank GemmaK1984

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I was most disappointed to learn that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at the hotel and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.

Our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please contact me on david_livingstone@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here recently reception staff very welcoming and helpful,and customer care friendly
Ordered a bar meal of gammon steak which was good and speedy
Helpful staff at breakfast,and at 67 pounds per night I would certainly return
Well done jurys

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin E

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking time out to share you experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you had such a positive stay at a great rate. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was booked into this hotel with a number of friends who were attending a panto performance in the city centre. Everywhere was pleasant and clean and the breakfast was great. We also had a really good deal so all round excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank WendyByron

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see everything went well and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Sheffield in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this room for a Saturday night just before Christmas and the price was reasonable, it was a 10 minute walk from the train station and a 5 minute walk to all the amenities in town. I booked a family room which was adequate for what I needed and the baby cot I’d requested was waiting for me. The beds were comfortable and I had asked for a quiet area of the hotel which we got, as even though we were by the lift I didn’t hear any noise. All in all, a positive experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jenstar1111
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review about Jurys Inn Sheffield. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

From walking into the hotel it was obvious that the place was well run. We stayed here for 3 nights over New Year and on booking had requested a quiet room on a high floor if possible,we were greeted at reception by a friendly, professional, member of staff who acknowledged our request and had allocated just such a room. The hotel was very clean, the room had everything we needed and was comfortable. Every member of staff we came into contact with was polite, friendly, smartly dressed and helpful. Breakfast was very good, a lovely choice and nice to be able to make your own choice of pot of tea. It was noticable that the buffet was contantly supervised and anything needing replenishing was done immediately. Great hot and cold selection and lovely to have different breads etc. Bar area & coffee lounge always clean and staff on duty.Subsidised Parking across the road at £4 when token validated on checking out a bargain. I understand wifi policy is being changed this year. Excellent location. Could not fault it.
Would happily recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 910 a quiet room away from lifts at the back of the hotel.
4  Thank mtp123

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking time out to share you experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you had such a positive stay. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and check in was quick and the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were modern and clean. When we requested items such as an iron it was brought up to us very quickly. The hotel was also within walking distance to the nightlife which was good for New Year's Eve. The hotel has a Costa which was a nice touch and food was available throughout the day.The car park costs £4 for 24 hours once validated by the hotel. The only negative point about this hotel is the fact that they don't provide unlimited free wifi. This was disappointing. Apart from this I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do apologise for the confusion over the internet. Jurys Inn are changing their policy to internet charges in early 2014 to include free wifi access to all guests. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sheffield in the near future.