3,088 results
All reviews eyre street city centre car park train station business trip saturday night double bed bars and restaurants good nights sleep bar area excellent stay one night stay excellent value for money oliver token moor ncp
Reviewed November 29, 2013

some good things, and some not so good... check-in was impossibly slow. room was comfortable, was on ninth floor and away from the lift so that was good. Free wifi in the public areas, but I dislike intensely having to pay in the room. I realise this is a budget chain, and incorporating would potential increase the reasonable price, but still dislike it. Ate dinner in the bar, like many others wanted to watch the Arsenal UEFA game. It was put on the TV in the bar, but staff wouldn't put on the commentary, so there was no atmosphere. The food was extremely tasty (the Chicken jalfrezi), however served luke warm. The staff were so run off their feet, there was no chance to get their attention to get it changed. Also, getting a drink was painfully slow, although the staff were excellent once you got their attention. Breakfast in the morning was acceptable, but not that good. Again, slow at check-out... average to below par... good location, convenient to the station, so for that reason, I might try it again.

Room Tip: I went for a quiet room (top, 9th floor) away from lifts...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnnyMas
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I do apologise for not meeting all your expectations during your stay. Your comments have been shared with my management team to ensure this doesn't happen again. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome back to Jurys Inn in the near future.
david_livingstone@jurysinns.com

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Never stayed at Jurys Inn before and must say we will book again. The room was good and the hotel was clean and well staffed. We eat in the bar and the food was of a very good quality and priced accordingly. Only a short walk to the centre of town and a further selections of bars, bistros and restaurants. Impressed with the quality we got for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank locoman20

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheffield in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is well located in the City Centre, just a few minutes walk from the shops/restaurants. It's a modern building but sadly lacks any real character - almost everything is painted in cream/beige throughout the hotel which makes it all rather dull and unappealing.

The rooms are a reasonable size, with comfortable beds but those facing towards the main road suffer from traffic noise which is more or less constant since it is a busy road. The bathrooms have a good shower but annoyingly the toiletries are supplied in large bottles which are attached to the wall which makes it a bit tricky to get bubble bath into the bath if you want it!!

The rooms were kept clean but there were insufficient towels provided - we had a 3 person room but only 2 towels!

Breakfast was an additional £10 per person and only free for kids under 10 years old. It was the usual buffet-style and was OK, but nothing special. The plates are very small, bacon was overcooked and the fruit juice was cheap and tasteless.

There is NO FREE WIFI which I find quite unacceptable in this day and age in a non-budget hotel - even a Premier Inn gives you 30 minutes free everyday!! The hotel doesn't have a car park but has an arrangement with a large multi-storey across the road to provide 24 hours car parking for £4.

I only booked this hotel as I couldn't get in where I usually stay in Sheffield and I can't say that my stay has encouraged me to return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

david_livingstone@jurysinns.com

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked one night service is so poor water flow in the shower very weak. Also you have to pay £10 for WiFi . the staff is not friendly at all , I will never ever book in this hotel again ,also my room was facing bus stop very noisy I do not recommend this hotel for anyone is also expensive

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I was most disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay at the hotel and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.

Our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please contact me on david_livingstone@jurysinns.com.
David

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Me and a group of friends stayed at this hotel for a night out. Was a lovely stay and the breakfast was amazing! Would definitely recommend to others, as they can fit 3 per room and is very cheap.

You would be silly not to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank craigs5373
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words in relation to your recent visit at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable experience and look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.