2,967 results
All reviewseyre streetcity centrecar parktrain stationbusiness tripsaturday nightdouble bedbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepbar areastayed here for one nightexcellent stayexcellent value for moneyolivertokenmoorsnooker
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were a party of 10 to stay here recently for our daughter's graduation. We have stayed at Jurys quite a few times during the past few years and have always found the rooms clean and comfortable. On this occasion, we had a triple room which I personally found quite small for 3 people (the new rooms have definitely been sized down) but as we were there for only 2 nights, it was fine. The staff were friendly and helpful, the bar service quick and efficient, and the breakfast delicious, varied and plentiful, as always. Wifi vouchers for 24 hrs were given free if something was purchased from the bar - even a bottle of water - even though internet connexion was displayed as paying in the rooms, somewhat confusing! We had an enjoyable stay, would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. Its great to hear such positive comments about our facilities and staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 16/11/13. Great room very clean, and warm room. reasonabley sized bath room. Coffee facilities. When booking room breakfast is £10. On arrival saw that the menu stated it was £6.95 may be this was without a drink. Dont know because you can go to the local wotherspoons pub at 8am and get a full english for £3.50. Yes you do have to pay for the wi-fi, and the bar drink are expensive compared to the local pubs which are all very close as the Hotel is in a great central location. I think the management need to look at there prices and bring them down and they would benifit from selling more and keeping people on site, all in all I would stay again but only pay for a room, and spend my money else where.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lee052
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Sam Connolly
Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here as our daughter was graduating from Sheffield Hallam University so needed a couple of nights in a central hotel. The room was lovely especially the fleece blanket which was an extra if needed. The room was spotless and decent kettle and good sized mugs. We enjoyed the breakfast, very tasty and wide food selection. All the staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

Car parking was across the road and was discounted at £4 per day which was good value. The hotel is situated centrally so not too far to walk to the city centre.

The only reason we're not giving an excellent review is that our key card didn't work on 2 separate occasions which mean't having to go back to Reception to get it re-activated; very noisy guests in the room next door at 4 a.m. but thats not the hotels fault and the lack of free wifi. The hotel charged £5 an hour for wifi or £10 for 24 hours however if you bought something from the bar or restaurant you got 1 hours free wifi. Its just that these days most people have phones and tablets and play wifi games so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meercat1964
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. Its great to hear such positive comments about our facilities and staff. Our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 15, 2013

clean, spacious rooms with modern design. the staff was kind and available. great breakfast. no free wifi, for using it you need to pay or take something at the bar near the reception and you can use it for a hour.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Sam Connolly
Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night - its a short walk (5 minutes) from the train station or a £5 taxi ride.
Well what can I say, it doesn't look like a premiere inn, but its price was very similar.
Reception was fast and professional and so I was in my room. Good, clean and a modern design. The only problem was it was cold. The air-con / heating is controlled through a standard panel that only works when the key card is slotted in the holder on the wall. The problem with this apporach is the room takes a good while to warm up and as I heading out in the evening, it meant returning to a cold room.

Interestingly, the corridors were nice and toasty.

However, there is a work-around that I will deploy next time - put another card into the wall socket when heading out and keep the heating on. This is actually the approach used by a number of hotels so that the rooms are nice and warm when guests arrive.

So I know what to do next time and quite honestly for the price, this hotel is well worth a stay.

I didn't try the breakfast or bar, but there seemed to be good spaces for these.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that we meet your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.