Jurys Inn Sheffield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)
$94
$89
  • Pool
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$87
$73
  • Restaurant
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$110
$80
$78
PremierInn.com
2,704 results
All reviewscity centrecar parktrain stationclean hotelsaturday nightbusiness tripgood nights sleepexcellent hoteldouble bedchecking outexcellent staybar areawould stay againone night stayexcellent value for moneyolivertoken
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were allocated a 3 person room and as there were only two of us we had bags of space. The hotel was spotlessly clean. Everything was in good working order. The bed was comfortable. .

The location is convenient but it must be said that the area is hardly picturesque - unless you find a particular beauty in multi-storey car parks. The hotel was also utterly characterless but this is not necessarily a drawback.

The hotel staff were polite and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Sheffield on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and I will ensure your feedback is communicated to the team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Sheffield in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our first time at a Jury's Inn and on the whole we were impressed. Good location for our requirements, comfy beds, great view from 6th floor across the city.
Lovely buffet breakfast with plenty of options including myself being a veggie.
Cheapish car parking very close by. Overall a good stay.
Only downsides were - toilet rolls! There was only half a toilet roll in the bathroom and when we called down to reception for more we were given - another HALF toilet roll!! Maybe they ration these things in the North??? There were 3 of us staying in the room and we had eaten out locally both at lunch and in the evening so half a loo roll was totally below requirements!
The second thing was that I got a hankering for chocolate about 10:30pm but there was no chocolate in the hotel. The bar had even run out of chocolate brownies. I was informed that there was a sainsburys open late nearby but I didn't really feel like a walk at that time of night in the rain! I appreciate that sticking a chocolate vending machine into a Jury's Inn is probably outside their corporate image but it would have been much more use to us than the 'ice machines' installed on each floor. Why are there ice machines???? This is the north of England, it really doesn't warrant an unending flow of ice!! Give us chocolate!
Other than rationed loo rolls and no chocolate everything else was great.

Room Tip: higher floors have good views across the city. Take your own chocolate and toilet rolls!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to read that you had a good experience overall, although I do apologise that you only received half a loo role, this comment has been shared with my housekeeping team to find out why this happened.

Thank you also for the feedback in relation to the vending machines, installing a chocolate vending machine is something we can look at for the future.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sheffield in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We managed to get a £49 deal for this hotel which we thought was pretty good. We normally stay in the Novotel down the road but as there was a match on, the price was out of our range. Little did we know that when we arrived, we would be allocated room 329, a Disabled Room. Nowhere on our booking information did it state that we would be getting a Disabled room.

This meant that we were forced to sit down to have a shower as the shower head could not be adjusted for use by an able-bodied person.

The reception area is very nice and welcoming but when you venture upstairs to the rooms you are met with plain white washed walls and doors.

The doors and walls between rooms are very poorly insulated and meant that I was kept awake by people banging around in their rooms and by some rowdy young men coming back to the hotel at 3am.

Overall, I'd only stay in a Jury's Inn again unless I was desperate and am glad I've managed to get booked into a Premier Inn for my trip to Exeter next week instead of the suggested Jury's Inn

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJ_Chalky

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I was most disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay at the hotel and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.

Our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I would like to personally discuss your stay and would be grateful if you could contact me on david_livingstone@jurysinns.com
David

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend wedding. Staff were exceptionally friendly and the service was good. While bar prices are a bit on expensive side the food was brilliant. Thought wifi access was very pricey but had own on iPad so was not an issue but was for other guests who tried to use it and failed. We bought a lot at the bar, both meals and drink and it did say you got a free hour wifi with any purchase we were not offered this but I guess you have to ask. Room was spotless although a bit small for three sharing. Parking at the Moor was fantastic as the hotel scanned the blue counter and it cost a third of the normal price (£4 for 24 hours, only £12 for the whole weekend). Overall a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mise17

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that we meet your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well run hotel, clean and great rooms, comfy single beds about 10 minutes walk from Sheffield station and very close to City Centre. Probably of a class above Premier Inn but below Crowne Plaza . I will definitely use this hotel again and good deals can be had by booking on-line

10 minute wait to be checked in due to one reception staff but at least I was ahead of two others in the patient queue.

can get a lot of noise from main road, when window is left open. Could not suss out the air con controls.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Sam Connolly