2,964 results
All reviewseyre streetcity centrecar parktrain stationbusiness tripsaturday nightdouble bedbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepbar areastayed here for one nightexcellent stayexcellent value for moneyolivertokenmoorsnooker
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend wedding. Staff were exceptionally friendly and the service was good. While bar prices are a bit on expensive side the food was brilliant. Thought wifi access was very pricey but had own on iPad so was not an issue but was for other guests who tried to use it and failed. We bought a lot at the bar, both meals and drink and it did say you got a free hour wifi with any purchase we were not offered this but I guess you have to ask. Room was spotless although a bit small for three sharing. Parking at the Moor was fantastic as the hotel scanned the blue counter and it cost a third of the normal price (£4 for 24 hours, only £12 for the whole weekend). Overall a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Mise17
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that we meet your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

David Livingstone

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well run hotel, clean and great rooms, comfy single beds about 10 minutes walk from Sheffield station and very close to City Centre. Probably of a class above Premier Inn but below Crowne Plaza . I will definitely use this hotel again and good deals can be had by booking on-line

10 minute wait to be checked in due to one reception staff but at least I was ahead of two others in the patient queue.

can get a lot of noise from main road, when window is left open. Could not suss out the air con controls.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed just one night with 18yr old son and was pretty disappointed. Paid extra for superior twin, yet the beds were just a double and a single which was not what i expected. Surely, 2 double or queen size would have been a superior twin, what was normal twin like. Restaurant in the evening was freezing and the steaks were well overcooked with reheated chips. Not good enough for £60 for the meal.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked this as had to stay in Sheffield at the last minute and the Premier Inn & Millenium Copthorne where we usually stay were both full. I have to say that I had minimal expectations of what to expect but was extremely surprised. Check in was easy and the bar area was clean and welcoming. We travelled with our 12 year old son and for the first time in a budget hotel he got an actual bed rather than a bed settee thrown together in a corner (although this obvioulsy made the room much smaller), the furnishings were a good quality and even the shower gel/shampoo provided in the room were of a good standard, Beds were comfy and there were tea and coffee facilities provided. The hotel is on a busy road and we had a high floor which I would recommend, you also have to park in a public car park although they do have a deal with the hotel if you ask, that said we arrived at 6pm and left early in the morning and the car park was only £1.50 overnight anyway !!! Great hotel that will now be top of my list for when we stay in Sheffield again.

1  Thank Bradrakatak
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that we meet your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

David Livingstone
david_livingstone@jurysinns.com

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked an overnight stay at the Jury Inn Sheffield having already been advised by work colleagues that it isn’t the best hotel option to choose from in the city centre.

This didn’t particularly bother me as I preferred to be in the same hotel as 3 other colleagues who were also staying there, than be in a “nicer” hotel on my own. And I was only staying 1 night and just needed somewhere to get my head down.

The rooms are functional and have most of the usual features such as tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV, air-conditioning and internet access (I asked for a code for the internet and was given it free, but one of my colleagues had to pay for the privilege). There is a room safety deposit box available on request at reception which is free.

The bed was comfortable, the room decor average and the bathroom basic with complimentary liquid soap and shampoo dispensers. However the toilet cistern made a loud noise after being flushed and the sink drain gurgled for a while after pulling the plug out.

I found the bar prices dearer than other hotels I have stayed at in the city centre, but the lounge area was roomy and comfortable.

The restaurant tables and chairs were very basic, the menu choice was good and the evening meal was very nice. Breakfast was buffet style with a fairly good selection on offer, but tea and coffee isn’t served, you have to help yourself from the urns on the breakfast bar.

All of the staff members were attentive, polite, smartly dressed and were a credit to the hotel, and the receptionist thanked me for reporting the bathroom problems when I checked out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business