“Above Average Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Sheffield
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Above Average Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Jurys Inn is one of my favourite hotel chains but unfortunately my experience here wasn't one of the best, a lot of it through no fault of the hotel so they still get four stars from me. I was in Sheffield to see Amy Macdonald at the City Hall which unfortunately was postponed, that summed up my weekend.

The hotel is in a good location and easy to find within easy walking distance from the train station. The room I was given (425) is the smallest I have ever had at a Jurys but being on my own I decided to stick with it, I can imagine though that two people sharing this room though it would have been a little cramped. The bathroom was small and very poorly lit with hardly any room to stand at the mirror to apply make up. Apart from that the room was clean and comfortable, it was a cold night and the air con took a bit of fiddling before it decided to come on.

During the evening the fire alarm went off while I was in the middle of getting ready but thankfully it didn't last so I stayed in my room. Later that night there was a very loud argument in the room next to me, I don't know which number this was but it was the room which was the other side of where the bed was. I was very close to calling reception when it seemed to have died down on it's own, this is hardly the fault of the hotels though.

I will stay at this hotel again because I like Jurys Inn as a chain and so I just put this experience down to a bad weekend all round.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent value for money. Good size room, clean and comfortable. Buffet breakfast was refreshed frequently, and plenty of choice. Hotel is handy for city centre, a short walk, and the tram to Meadowhall. Plenty of restaurants a short walk away as well. Staff friendly and helpful. No frills, but all we needed for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: If you arrive on a sunday, use the open air car park next door £2.20 for 24 hrs, then move to NCP, h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Jury's Inn Sheffield for one night with my daughter. We had a twin bedded room with breakfast for £49!!. The room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was very good. A real bargain. A basic hotel but had what we needed.
Staff were friendly and there were facilities such as a Costa and a restaurant, although we didn't use them. An easy walk from the train station . Also an easy walk to the city centre where there were decent reasonably priced restaurants, particularly around Leopold Square.
The super tram to Meadowhall for a wee bit of shopping was easy.

1 Thank jldhoskins
Shrewsbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Another drama free stay at a Jurys Inn. We got a good easter deal rate for the Sheffiled Jurys Inn and the stay was as you would expect. Clean, efficient and comfortable but without the wow factor of a luxury 5 star hotel costing 3 times as much. I would definitely go back as it was a good value for money stay in a good location. Parking is always a lottery and as usual there was no online assitance or instruction as to where to go this time. I ended up in a packed underground car park behind the hotel and paid £2.50 for the afternoon and £3.00 for overnight. It turns out the parking where you get a hotel discount is over the main road from the hotel, but i found out too late.

Room Tip: If the extraction fan in the bathroom is noisy it can be stopped by rotating it. Room service often...
1 Thank Jono_Kimber
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I think we paid £55 for a double room for the night, which is great for a Saturday. We were going to see a gig at the arena and this was an ideal location for getting the tram. Parking is just cross the road and if you take the token to the reception in the hotel you can get 24 hr parking for £4 which is excellent. We decided to pay the £10 for the self service breakfast which was brilliant with a huge range options. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Sarita P
LISA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

e stayed here for two nights for my hubbys birthday. We paid 39.00 per night bed and breakfast. What a bargain.
We rang the hotel prior to check in due to having no on site parking. We were told the hotel used two affiliated car parks, one being the NCP car park across road. Once in there you get a yellow chip which on check out reception validate and costs 4pounds per 24 hours, no need to go back to the car. we did check ours and there are cameras everywhere, and is locked at midnight no problems at all.
We were able to check in early. We were in room 208 the room was quite big, tea and coffee making. Flat screen TV all in all very nice. Up
Check in was friendly. The whole hotel is very clean, all staff encountered were lovely, and it all feels relaxed.
The bathroom is very small, again clean.
The breakfast is epic, that alone is 10each, and is the nicest hotel break fast I'veR ever had. Its all very proffessional, organised yet relaxed.
There is everything from fresh fruits and yoghurt, cold meats, bread, cheese, toast mini coissant, pan au chocolat, jams, cereal, and then the traditional cooked.
There was constaly fresh being brought out, no fatty greasy soggy food here.
AGA the waitress at breakfast was lovely, works so hard but very friendly.
The only issue we had was and it is a small niggle there was a mark on the net curtain either a bit of blood or chocolate not sure which made reception aware, but we were coming home later that day so not worth moving rooms at that stage.
Hotel bar is a bit pricey but loved the costa in there.
Location about 15 minute walk to centre.
All in all we loved this hotel and have paid more for a lesser hotel
previously, will deffo come back at this price due to staff, and price, thanks x. X

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank LISAB086
Montefrio, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Jury Hotel. It was clean, very comfortable and the breakfast was very enjoyable and good value.
My room on the 2nd floor was large enough, clean and warm. The bed w very comfortable and the bath was a proper size with hot water - makes a nice change.
As a chauffeur I always check parking at reception before parking my large car, if I hadn't on ths occasion I would have used the wrong car park - be sure to get it right as parking then becomes safe and hopefully secure.

1 Thank ianread