“JURYS INN SHEFFIELD X 2”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here Dec 2011 and Oct 2012....ahead of George Michael concert, first one in Dec was cancelled!! Both times our room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good value for money....breakfast was excellent!! Close to train station and easy walk into the centre for a meal and to catch the tram to the Motorpoint Arena.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bev B
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay on both occasions and thank you for the lovely comments about the team and breakfast, I will ensure this is communicated to the team.

I hope you had a great night at the arena and if you do plan to visit us again in the future please do not hesitate to contact me michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Decent value and easy walking distance from the main city centre attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and functional - unusually at this end of the market, there was a bath in the room, as well as the shower. The TV was a standard flat screen Samsung, which thankfully went straight to the tv channels rather than some irritating and complicated menu trying to sell you "extras".

Breakfast ok for £7.50 (try putting the toast through the toasting machine twice if you want something closer to toast than stale bread !) - it's an "all you can eat" buffet, with a range of hot and cold choices.

Only real gripe was that the towels, as always with Jury's, were pathetic (Ramada Encore get this rights, why can't Jury's ?).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed one night for a visit to Sheffield City Hall to see Alan Davies - absolutely perfect location - 5 mins walk fro City Hall, close to excellent restaurants - couldn't fault it. We got a 50% off deal so paid £39 for the room and £15 for the two of us for breakfast - terrific value. Great breakfast - all you could want and excellent quality. Where else could you get such good value B&B for £27.50 per person?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SherbutFizz
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to visit the motorpoint arena for a show and it was very clean and the staff very helpful,the only thing I didn't like was only one pillow and it was small but everything else was good.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank yoaligboy
Reviewed October 14, 2012

After reading some of the bad reviews on here I was a bit worried about my stay, but I can honestly say we loved it and had no problems at all. Me and my friend stayed on a Friday night as we were going to Sheffield Arena for a show on the evening. We only paid £25 each including breakfast which was a bargain. We arrived around midday and there was a lovely man on reception, very friendly and helpful, we were allowed to check in early and had a lovely room. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the station, the reception is lovely, modern and clean. Our room was very modern and clean, with a single and a double bed in. There was a bath with a shower and the usual tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom had complimentory showergel, shampoo and soap. There was even an ice machine outside our room. We had tea in the bar which was very reasonable and nice, drinks not to badly priced considering it was a hotel. We returned later to the bar and stayed till about 1 in the morning, the bar staff were all very friendly. Breakfast was lovely, lots of choice, my only niggle was that there werent any mushrooms to go with the english breakfast. I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Surfbabe101
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night at the Jurys Inn and I don't have much bad to say. I marked the hotel down on Cleanliness and Location because firstly the hotel is very clean, but it didn't have that brand new cleanliness to it which would have gotten a 5. I'm a bit of a clean freak so to get 5 it'd basically have to be brand new. In regard to location I thought the hotel was very good. A 5-10 minute walk to the very centre of the city and the Leadmill (if you're in the city for a club/band).

The staff were excellent, friendly and informative. First class! The room was great. A corner room with two large windows spanning two walls. A double bed and a single bed in the same room. Plenty of space. Great! I like it when hotels put bottles of water in the room, but this one didn't.

There is a car park across the road with plenty of spaces which is subsidised by the hotel. Make sure you get the car park chip validated at the hotel when you check out, to get discount on the cost of parking. We paid £3.50 for 24 hours. Very reasonable.

To summarise, I'd definitely stay here again. If I return to Sheffield, I'll book here. No question.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ryansaurus
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at start of October 2012 whilst working in the city. I arrived on a Monday morning, and the reception allowed myself and my colleague to check in at 9.45am, which was good of them......we only wanted to drop off our luggage!....so we didn't have to carry it across the town. The hotel is located 10 minutes away from the railway station, come out of the station, up the hill, turn left when you see the Novotel and Sainburys Local, walk past Genting Casino and you should see the hotel. I was given a twin room, double bed and single bed in the room. It was clean and a pretty large sized room, the same could be said of the bathroom as well. A walk in shower was in the bathroom and not a bath. The reception was friendly and even printed off a map for us to allow us to find our office. I can't comment on the food as i didn't eat breakfast (although included) nor any of the evening meal. Disappointed no gym or swimming on site, however pointed in the direction of a gym/leisure centre. All in all, a good stay.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sbmiah

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is lovely to hear you had a pleasant stay.

We pride ourselves on how friendly our team are, so it is lovely to hear this from our guests, I will ensure I pass on your comments to the team.

When you do plan to visit Sheffield again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com, to arrange your reservation.

I hope to welcome you back soon.