2,964 results
All reviewseyre streetcity centrecar parktrain stationbusiness tripsaturday nightdouble bedbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepbar areastayed here for one nightexcellent stayexcellent value for moneyolivertokenmoorsnooker
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Jurys inn Sheffield has proved a very good choice for a girly night out - the rooms are clean and spacious , with all the basics. Location is very handy for clubs , pubs and the city centre. Train station is a 10 min. walk , so quite convenient.

Cant say anything bad , have really enjoyed my stay and I would book again.

The only niggle was the fire alarm around 6 pm on a Saturday , when we had to evacuate for about 20 mins in the freezing cold. Most people were getting ready to go out for dinner ( us included ) , so a bit annoying we got delayed.

Still a very good stay and great value for money!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is great to hear you and your friends had a great stay and enjoyed Sheffield’s night life.

We do have very high cleanliness standards and it is great to hear this from our guests, I will ensure this is passed onto the housekeeping team.

The safety of our guests is a priority so we do have to evacuate in a fire alarm situation until we know it is safe for our guests to enter the building however; I am sorry to hear the fire evacuation had caused a delay to your evening and I hope this did not cause too much of an inconvenience.

It is lovely to hear you will book again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had a one night stay organised through a travel company. The rate was reasonable for a single room. The reception was busy but pleasant. The room was an adequate size with a view overlooking the central courtyard of the hotel. i had to keep the curtain drawn as other rooms could see directly into mine. There was no breakfast included and they wanted £10 in the morning, so i went to the local museums cafe and had a wonderful breakfast for quite a bit less. I stayed a Saturday night and most of the guests were stag / hen parties though there wasn't too much noise overnight. Check out was a fiasco as they kept asking me to pay the room fee even though i had a travel receipt, it was sorted out in the end. So all in all, it's cheap and does exactly what is says on the tin. But there are plusher hotels for not a lot more money in Sheffield City Center.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Kind regards
Sam Connolly
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2012

2 night stay, booked months in advance. Requested room at rear, away from main road. Got...room overlooking main road. Booked morning paper - didnt get it. Booked paper for 2nd morning - didn't get it, but got bill for 1st morning paper! Room card didn't work on 2nd day - they only had us regestered for 1 night. Bar was expensive. Wholly incompetent staff on check out - didn't know what he was doing. Tried to charge us for 2nd night's stay. Asked for cost of additional night's stay for friends who wanted to stay over - took 20mins for him to sort out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the level of service you received while staying at Jurys Inn Sheffield, We strive to ensure that all of our customers experience a comfortable stay and that all requirements are met, It is clear from reading your review that this was not the case and I am sorry.

Your comments have been discussed with the team and procedures are in place to try and prevent these situations from happening.

On your next visit to Jurys Inn Sheffield I would appreciate if you would contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded.

I do hope that the matter is resolved to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me by email michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last year as we were going to see a play in the Crucible. Great value for money, lovely rooms and great breakfast. We also had dinner there one of the nights, again a lovely meal and very reasonable. I would highly recommend this hotel for stays in Sheffield. Is very convenient for the train station, and the Crucible theatre and also minutes away from great shopping.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Kind regards
Sam Connolly
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as the nearby copthorne was fully booked.On staying I realise why the copthorne was full and this wasn't! Tiny noisy rooms,not the cleanest place I've ever stayed,waste basket was full,tv didn't work,need I go on?!

• Stayed: June 2012
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am sorry to hear your stay was not up to our expected standard and I would like to investigate the issues you have raised further. Would it be possible you could contact me by email michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com with information to help with my investigations

Once again I do apologise and hope to hear from you soon..