2,961 results
All reviewseyre streetcity centrecar parktrain stationbusiness tripsaturday nightdouble bedbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepbar areastayed here for one nightexcellent stayexcellent value for moneyolivertokenmoorsnooker
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We chose this hotel as it's really well positioned for the city centre of Sheffield.

I stayed at the Jurys Inn Sheffield with some friends recently. The rooms were modern, and really clean. The staff were friendly and very helpful – a little too helpful to be honest - We locked ourselves out of our room, so I went down to reception to ask for assistance. When I told the lady our room number, she simply gave me an extra key card. No request for ID or even to confirm the names that the room was booked under...

We didn’t have breakfast in the hotel so can’t comment on this.

As you can guess from the title of this review, my main issue was the lack of free internet. I’d rather pay a few extra £s for the night and have it thrown in than have to faff around sorting out payments before the laptop is able to access it. I didn’t bother in the end as the 3G signal in this part of Sheff was very good.

We parked in the multi-storey almost opposite the hotel on Eyre Street. The fee for parking is reduced to £4 for 24hrs (from about £11 I think) if the hotel staff validate your car park token when you check out. We were pleasantly surprised that the staff agreed to validate all of our tokens, as we had more cars in the car park than rooms booked.

All in all the immaculate rooms more than made up for the shortcomings and we’d definitely return.

Room Tip: We had rooms to the side of the hotel. The view from these wasn't great but they were very quiet (for any hotel, let alone a city centre one).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We organised a sports tournament at Skate Central in Sheffield when our original hotel cancelled our reservation 3 days before the tournament. Thankfully the staff at Jurys Inn stepped in and not only found 21 rooms for us, but also matched the other hotel's deal so we wouldn't be out of pocket. They didn't have to do that, but they really went above and beyond to help us both before and during our stay.

The rooms were plenty big, clean and the breakfast buffet was good, too. It was the usual fry-up and cereal selection that you'd expect to see. One morning they ran out of cheese, but other than that there was plenty of everything and we ate a lot.

The bar is a bit pricey, but the service was good and if you buy a drink at the bar, you can have a 1h wifi voucher for free. That brings me to my only complaint - in this day and age, I would expect a hotel to have free wifi in all rooms. This hotel only has wifi in the downstairs lobby and the wired internet in the room is expensive. The lack of free internet dropped my rating from 5/5 to 4/5. Other than the internet, everything was fantastic and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very central location makes this great for a night out in Sheffield. A short walk from the train station.
Very nice selection at breakfast on the large buffet.
Only complaint was that it felt like it was a big effort for the receptionist to arrange for an iron to be brought to my room. Also I booked a room for 3 people but only had 2 sets of towels. When I rang reception I had to convince her that there were only 2 sets and it wasn't that we hadn't looked properly. They took so long to come we took matters into our own hands with the near by laundry room!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of Sheffield, just a few steps from the railway station. Stayed there during World Snooker Championship. Hotel is good value for money, clean and spaciuos rooms give perfect relax conditions. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

First time in sheffield to see a band booked at jurys inn due to decent price for a double. So close to the plug venue and other places too, bonus of only ten minute walk to the train station, good clean room and comfy bed. Would happily stay again

• Stayed: August 2012