“Good value for money”
Review of Sleep Sheffield

Sleep Sheffield
Ranked #24 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Basic but nice enough hotel, the room was quiet, spacious and clean. It’s a bit strange not having anyone on reception to welcome you or at check out, but everything ran smoothly as we were emailed, phoned/sent txt message prior to arriving to ensure we had the door entry code and knew to go to our rooms to collect our keys etc. The décor in some places looked a little tired but generally the Hotel was not bad and overall we were satisfied and would use again as its good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night at Sleep, on a business trip. Towels and bed were ready for me on arrival. I got a courtesy call on my check in day. However, I didn't see anyone except the cleaner for the time I was there.

It was sufficient but basic, not highly decorated, no added touches like shampoo or mini bar. I would use it again because it was so cheap and I am happy with the basics for only a one night stop.

The location is a walkable distance to Sheffield centre and trams, easy to get to restaurants or the theatre, also was very simple to get to by car.

Parking was not very easy, mostly pay and display short stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have just arrived back from a 4 night stay at The Sleep Hotel,I booked with Late Rooms,unfortunately I didnt look at the reviews on Trip Advisor,or else I wouldnt of booked,the terrible reviews sum the place up for me,and what I find mis leading,on late rooms,the single room was half price,I paid 31,00 for a night,usually its double!! I feel this is still too expensive for the general run down feel of the place.
I contacted the owner, as there was no hot water, and the shower head was black with mould,he came straight away,but unfortunately the water problem was not resolved,there are other bathrooms, to use, but the ground floor had been taken over by a rowdy group of youngsters,so I felt a little uneasy,about using them.
I looked around for somewhere else to stay,unfortunately the places I tried were fully booked,so stayed there full term.
I do not recommend this place,will definately not stay here again although it is very close to city center.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Julie E
sleep33, Owner at Sleep Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Customer arrived 17th Oct but waited until 17.54 on the 19th before texting to say "past 2 mornings water has been luke warm and shower head has mould on can you pls do something about it". We replied that we would be down in 5 mins. My husband left his dinner on the table and went straight down to see the customer. On investigation the shower head was a little dirty not mouldy so was cleaned. The water temp was tested and the shower was warm but not scalding. In person this customer was fine. We sent a text to apologize again at 18.28 stating that we would get someone to look at shower. Not much we could do at 6pm really but if we had been informed earlier...... We heard nothing back until this horrible review.
As for the "rowdy group of youngsters" why not use the middle floor bathroom or call us if there was a problem ?.
We tried as we always do to make people happy at the hotel. We are honest about what we offer and never try to mislead people. The top floor shower and toilet was replaced in August 2013 so nice and new.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at Sleep last weekend with 3 friends. We all found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, we couldn't have asked for more. Prior to our arrival I got a courtesy call from the owner to check everything was ok and that I had the details to get in and where to park. Once there, the cleaner was in our rooms and was more than helpful in explaining how to get into town etc... The fact that it is unmanned was unusual but not an issue for us at all, there was good security on the doors and CCTV in the back yard. We had the shared bathroom but when all you need is a quick shower, its fine. Yes other people are using it too but you can tell it is cleaned frequently, with the best will in the world, you can't help it if a guest does a big poo in the morning!! The only thing I would suggest is more information at reception, some local area maps and leaflets would be great. Overall fantastic value for the money paid, couldn't have asked for more. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed multiple times at Sleep Sheffield over the last 4 years and I will always come back: central location, clean, nice rooms, very friendly and helpful proprietors - definitely good value for money!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was struggling to find anything in Sheffield at a reasonable price but this little gem did the business. Its a no frills place but you can't fault it for location, price and a good warm room. Ok you wouldn't to spend all day at Sleep but if you're in Sheffield for a couple of days and aren't looking for some big romantic palace its perfectly fine. Ideal if you, like me, get fed up with the Travellodges etcand want something a bit smaller and more personal. Bed was v comfy and the managers responded immediately when I asked if they had a Nokia charger. (they did!) Nice people and bang in the middle of town.

Room Tip: i was in room 3. Very good one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt D
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stay at this hotel a couple of times a week and I read other peoples reviews which make me angry! Dirty it is not, I stayed in The Jury payed just under £90 and it was filthy compared to sleep. I have never had any problems there , on one occasion a light was out I called Sharon the manager and someone was down in 5 mins to swap the light bulb.
This hotel is right in the heart of Sheffield which is fantastic for me as its just 2 streets away from the office where i work.
As I said if you have a problem with anything call Sharon the manager and she will sort it.
I shall continue to use Sleep as a base as its just such good value!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo