“"Great Place to Eat"”
Review of Sakushi

Sakushi
Ranked #162 of 1,497 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: A fresh and funky take on Japanese dining, Sakushi is a cosmopolitan dining destination in Sheffield. As well as the cool sushi belt for instant access to your favourite delicacies, enjoy steaming bowls of ramen noodles, freshly-crafted sashimi and wholesome mixed bento boxes. All you can eat buffets are staged regularly, while cooling cocktails are mixed at the Sakushi bar.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having been recommended by a number of friends to visit Sakushi, I finally went for the first time one evening in December and must agree with all the other very favourable reviews. Despite the restaurant being very busy at the time, the staff were welcoming and could not have done more to make sure that our visit was an enjoyable experience. Our order was taken efficiently and the food was really delicious. A 'must' for 'sushi lovers'! I will definitely be back very soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We come quite often so thought it was time to say how much we enjoy it. It was busier than usual which was nice to see but did add a little longer to the usual speed of service but understandable.

Overall very good and made a great pre theatre meal.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My Partner and I went to Sakushi last Saturday and have to say what a disappointment this was, the customer service is appalling. We have been once before a while back and both love Sushi and whilst we are aware that they don’t serve the best sushi in Sheffield (Edo Sushi is clearly the best, followed by the places on London road in our opinion) sorry I digress. However, they had a good offer on so we thought we would go. On arriving we were greeted and seated and the waiter, who we later discovered was the manager asked for our drinks order only to realise that we didn't have a drinks menu, he got two menus and brought them to us and said he would be back in a couple of minutes to take our order. Well, we waited and waited for ages trying to get his or anyone else’s attention attempting to make eye contact we were completely ignored. This was surprising as the place was only a quarter full if that and being that the food goes around the conveyor belt and the waiting staff wasn't actually busy serving the food and appeared more interested in chatting and laughing around the reception area. After a while we decided to leave, we will not be returning. This place really needs to raise its game around customer service if it’s going to offer average quality food in what is becoming a competitive Sushi market in Sheffield… Rant over lol.

6  Thank Bboy01
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I went the other night for the second time. I had a voucher from a well known voucher company and it stipulated 48 hours notice. However i wanted to go on the spur of the moment and called ahead to see if this was possible. The staff were accommodating and were happy for us to attend. We arrived and were seated quickly. Staff were friendly and polite. The voucher entitled us to 8 dishes, but we paid for more. I had a varied selection of dishes but my overall favourite was the "eel nigiri" which came with a tasty slice of eel and a lovely sauce. I also paid for a chicken Katsu dish and some "Gyoza". The Gyoza wasn't the best i have had, but it was still really good. our experience was good one and i certainly have not seen any of the negative behaviour experienced by other visitors. it is well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I visited Sakushi last night. The staff were friendly and fast even though it was rather full the waitresses were able to visit us on several occasions to help us with our orders. The food was great. I love Unagi/eel and there are a fair few dishes that include it. We will definitely be back within the next few weeks.