“lunch”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went out with a friend for lunch the other week to cheer her up we had a lovely 2 for 1 I had a lovely chicken in a nice sauce with new potatoes and veg my friend had a pasta dish with a side salad then 2 coffees 1cappacino and I had one with tia maria we both really enjoyed it .

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a two for one experience at the Fulwood Inn and apart from my vegetables being watery and not quite perfect the rest of our meals was excellent. The downside to our visit was the excellent display of cask beers but not one of them available to be consumed.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We called here for a midweek lunch and chose meals from the specials board. The choice was extensive and all sounded delicious and even more tempting with the price offer. I opted for a gammon and steak combination with fries and a side of blue cheese sauce. I requested a rare steak which arrived well done, not a speck of pink to be seen. By the time I cut away all the fat, I was left with less than a mouthful of tough steak which I personally would not have presented to a customer. The gammon was ok as were the fries, however the blue cheese sauce was better described as white sauce in a jug. There was no evidence or taste of blue cheese at all. My partner also ate from the specials board and again his meal involved steak which was at best mediocre, certainly not something I would have served. The poor standard made what appeared to be a good deal a waste of money.

Another pet hate of mine is the attitude and approach of staff. Talking, messing and joking around with each other is not something I wish to put up with when trying to have lunch. They were more interested in their own entertainment and continued their conversations with each other whilst serving customers rather than devoting all their attention to the person they are serving.

All in all this is a huge shame because the place itself has such huge potential. Good location, parking and beautiful building could make for a fabulous eating/drinking place.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It's pub-grub, but a little bit classier! I enjoy eating here because it's always bustling, but the tables aren't too close so that you're eavesdropping on everyone, and basically, it's great value!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

went to Fulwood Inn for a birthday lunch with family after picking meals from menu we were told to expect a 15minute wait, which turned out to be appprox 40 minutes. Two of the meals ordered were fish chips and peas.They were inedible the fish was almost raw in the middle and the peas were cold, my meal steak chips and peas, the steak was over cooked and the peas were cold, after complaining we said we did not want an alternative meal as the other members of the party had now finished , the duty manager was abrupt and would only say that the fish was up to temperature and was totally disinterested with our comments, we were not charged for the two fish meals but could not be bothered to argue about our other complaints, so just paid the balance of bill so we could leave asap. overall a terrible eating experience , and will never go again. The attitude of the duty manager was awful , and his people skills leave a lot to be desired.