“Nothing fishy about Loch Fyne”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Loch Fyne - CLOSED

Loch Fyne
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Yorkshire
“Nothing fishy about Loch Fyne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This restaurant serves excellent food in a pleasant atmosphere with good staff. The menus are reasonably priced and one always leaves in a better mood than when entering.

Visited April 2013

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fab Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We returned here to celebrate our Pearl Wedding anniversary as we are always delighted with the fabulous choice of fish. The food this time was very good and worth waiting for. It was very busy for a Tuesday night and the staff seemed to be rushed off their feet. The service was courteous and friendly, but unfortunately we seemed to be waiting much longer than usual. I also had to remind them of a side dish which was ordered. This eventually came a while after my main dish which wasn't really ideal as I was left with either letting my food go cold or start it without the vegetables. We will return because of the quality but like a previous reviewer we urge management to improve the service.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food, mixed service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been here 4 times to date this year for business dinners. The setting is nice, classic Loch Fyne with wooden floors and New England style wood panelling. There is plenty of room between tables and the seating area feels spacious. Even mid-week the restaurant is often busy and appears popular.

On the plus side the food is always good. I'm personally a fan of the "Fish as you like it" option where you choose one of 4 different fish (the Gilthead Bream is really tasty), a style of cooking (pan-fried, grilled or steamed) a sauce and two sides. Other reviewers have criticised the twice-cooked chips but I like them, the samphire is always good too. They also have a nice Malbec on the wine list.

What does let this restaurant down however is the service. There's a guy who works there who is absolutely hopeless, preferring to stand behind the bar watching his colleagues to serving customers. On my most recent visit, the restaurant was busier than normal due to a new menu tasting night. The waiting staff seemed to be really struggling to keep up which meant that ordering and the arrival of food took far too long.

So why do I keep going back you may ask? Well, each time I've been this year I've given a different colleague a choice of local restaurants to eat at and on each occasion they have chosen Loch Fyne! I'm happy with this, as I say, the food is good, if the management can get the service sorted out it has the makings of a 5* experience.

• Visited April 2013
“Looking forward to a return visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a friends 30th birthday celebration, we all ate off the set menu. We were very pleased with the service and food, we are a fussy bunch too. Individual requests were catered for, a gluten free diner, lots of slimming world clients, and general freaky eatters!!
The apple pie was scrumptious and I really hope it is on the menu when we return!

Yorkshire
“Cold”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We called on spec on a Thursday night. The place was too cold, because there was a fan blowing a draft. We complained but were not offered an alternative table, and the fan/colling was not turned off. The food was good quality and tasty, as it should be for such a reputable chain restaurant.
It's a little expensive but we got a voucher for a free bottle of wine for next visit.
So far we have not gone out of our way yet to use it though, and it's expired.
(we live about 10 miles away)

• Visited February 2013