“poor”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

very disappointed - have been here for a sit down meal with my wife before and thought it ok. Went for a takeaway last night for the family and thought it overpriced and bland. I had jalfrezi which managed to be hot without any discernable flavour. Rachel had a Biryani and they did not include the curry sauce for it in the bag. Perhaps we should have checked through it in the restaurant when we picked it up but, you just don't do you? You just expect them to have got it right!
When we got it meal back home had our starters and then noticed the problem we phoned up, they only offered to give something off our next meal rather than to make it good on the night or receive a refund. Don't worry, there won't be a next time!

3  Thank MarkDavison

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food here is always good, crispy pops and a decent pickle tray, a good choice of starters and the chicken tikka is excellent, just choose your sauce with a fluffy nan and choice of rice. The service is also very friendly and efficient, though the manager/owner(?) does tend to hover menacingly.

This is quite an upmarket and more expensive Indian, being in the middle of Dore village, but as was pointed out to me on this visit, the toilets are certainly not. The shade on the light in the gents has been missing as long as I can remember and the fittings are cheap and nasty, and certainly not spotless.

Looking at other reviews, I wonder if they are getting a bit complacent as it is obviously doing well, if only because of its location. I will reserve judgement until my next visit!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Can you believe an Indian that cannot make a dish spicier or milder. Run out of chillies. Rude, poor service, expensive, bland. Don't complain cos you will get an ear bashing from the manager. This was my fourth visit as I couldn't believe it could be so consistently poor. There are some very good Indian restaurants in Sheffield this just isn't one of them.

7  Thank RobertMellors
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

This is our local curry house, sorry brasserie. It is a bit pricey but we have always found the food and service to be excellent. We usually book but on occasions when we didn't they have always found us a place. The lamb dishes are my favourite but the prawn on purée is also excellent. Hot plates are not adequate and food does tend to get cold.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Wanted to book the table at 8.00pm but they didn't take the booking at that time and I was told to book the table either 7.00pm or 9.00pm. I did book at 7.00pm. We were given a small table that was not gtreat. It was busy as it was a friday night but was not full house, they could have give us a better table. Very good choice on menu, you can't find these dishes in all the Indian restaurants and very expensive as well! Food was fresh, tasty and spicy again service was not great. We were given the papadom and starter almost in same time! Over all I can say it was just ok.