“Lovely burgers”

Yankees
Ranked #480 of 1,428 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Family run american diner
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

If you're in Sheffield and want a burger come here you won't be disappointed. All the burgers taste great (I've been before) and there's plenty of other things if you don't want a burger.

Chorley Lancashire
“Lovely American Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great family meal. Place hasn't change in appearance over the last 20 0dd years but that is part of the appeal. Nice choice, tasty burgers, good amount of food for the price and service was good and staff nice. Great for a hungry group, not cordon bleu but good food. Noticed advertisements for good value lunch time and mid week evening specials/discounts.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Foodies109
Sheffield
“A casual place to eat straight from work.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a lovely burger place with a BBQ menu.

We have been many times, pre the BBQ menu and it is always good value for money. The BBQ adds another dimension. I think it has potential. We had the "burnt ends" which need to render down a lot more before I believe they can be called true burnt ends. However this did not spoil it for me. I just cut off the bits that looked good and "burnt" and ate them. The sauce on them was very nice. I will try them again next time!

They have also have added new desserts to their menu. Usually we don't succumb but there was something about the doughnuts with icecream that spoke to me so we decided to share one and it was very nice.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

On the way back from a day trip to a video game competition in Manchester, the ex-hubby and I were looking for somewhere on the way home to London where we could feed ourselves and the kids while watching the Champions League final. We decided to look for somewhere in Sheffield, a city neither of us know at all. After several fruitless attmpts to find a bar that would let kids in after 8pm, we stumbled upon Yankees. I must admit, we were expecting bog-standard 'burger and chips' fare and were pleasantly surprised to find fresh and tasty food, along with a friendly staff and good service. My chicken skewers were tender and delicious, the salad was crunchy and there was a great home-made coleslaw. The ex had enchilladas, which he really enjoyed; out 10 year old had a really good Hawaiian burger and even the little one's chicken nuggets were better than the usual. Only downside was that out team didn't win the match! Would definitely go back if we are in the area again.

• Visited May 2014
“Good, but definitely could be better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting Yankees since I was a very young child and it has never disappointed.
The food is good value for money, the staff are nice and you get a lot to eat.
However the only thing that let it down on my last visit would have to be the cost of the drinks and the quality of the ribs I had. They were very dry and tough, it was as if they were using some warmed up from the previous night.
Everyone else enjoyed their meal, I'd suggest you give it a try, but just avoid the ribs.