“Good family tea”

Description: Family run american diner
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good family tea”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went to Yankees with my partner,two daughters and grandson. Staff was very friendly and helpful,drinks was well priced and food was well cooked and presented. First time I have been we usually go to Uncle Sam but it as full and could not get a table. We will going back to Yankees as we all really enjoyed the food and the surroundings. Give it a go.

• Visited March 2014

“Not as good as it used to be!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

A bit disappointed on my last visit, as I remembered the food to be wonderful and this time it just wasn't. I had a starter of garlic mushrooms, but there wasn't even a hint of garlic, just loads of herbs (maybe thyme?) that I didn't like the taste of...ended up leaving half, as did my friend who is also a big mushroom fan. They were also very dry, which is just as well as there was nothing accompanying the mushrooms to mop up any juices. Everywhere I've been gives you bread with garlic mushrooms.No-one checked back on our table or I would've said... The steak wrap was ok, but nothing special. Chips were ok. Milkshakes were pretty nice. Service wasn't bad, but could be improved, especially as it's such a small place, and it wasn't even half full when I went. Disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lost count of how many times we have been”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

A sheffield institution, been going 28+ years. Consistent quality, authentic american diner feel. Kids love it, mum and dad love it, wife and I love it - just good honest tex/mex food now with a barbecue flair. Every city should have one !!

Visited January 2014
Londn
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Went to Yankees on a Sunday afternoon for a quick bite to eat. Despite being busy we were seated quick and the service was good. The food was very good, the pulled pork sandwich was very good and everyone enjoyed their food. The restaurant could be bigger but it's worth a visit for a small slice of America.

Visited March 2014
Filey, United Kingdom
“Good barbecue meat”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had the "Tractor Pull" barbecued combo for four people. The meat was really good (all smoked and slow cooked), and there was plenty of food for four adults.

Visited March 2014