“Quaint Little Italian”

Maranello's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 1,482 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An authentic, charming hideaway brimming with Mediterranean charm, Maranello's offers the finest in traditional Italian dining. Freshly tossed pizzas, moreish pasta dishes and simple yet sumptuous antipasti dishes are served, and the wine list compiles a selective, top-quality Italian selection. Reminiscent of a quaint Tuscan bistro, the dining room features exposed red bricks, Mediterranean hues and rustic wine displays.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been here a few times now with my partner, its a lovely little Italian with great food (not an overcomplicated fussy menu, just good Italian) Its a great place to go if you want a nice quiet evening out but don't want to spend a fortune.
The food and service were both wonderful and the atmosphere was very calm and relaxed.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After much thought I could not think of any neutral or negative comments. The menu was very good, unusually my vegetarian fiancé who suffers from a number of food allergies and normally struggles to find something that she can eat had plenty of choice. It is obvious that a great deal of attention is given to flavour which sets this apart from many similar restaurants. The service was very good as was the overall atmosphere. It is clear that like ourselves other diners were not local and were already planning their next visit and I can understand why. Prices are slightly more than your usual city centre Italian ‘chain restaurant’ but the food at Maranello’s is in a different league.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Maranello's is a lovely little authentic italian in Sheffield. small and cosy, it has an authentic feel. The staff are friendly and the food is delicious. They offer a wide range of traditional Italian food. There is a good selection of pizzas, pasta, fish and meat dishes, and plenty of choice for vegetarians. We both went for mushroom based starters, both of which were very tasty and generous portions. For our main meal I went for a lamb dish and my husband went for a chicken dish. Again generous portions, the meat was very tender and delicious. We were too full for dessert! We did have a look at the desserts, not a huge selection, mostly gelato and tiramasu.

Overall we had a nice visit and would go again if we ever find ourselves in Sheffield again.

1  Thank Poleaddict
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a delicious meal at Maranello's with our daughter who is at Uni in Sheffield. My husband and I both had the king prawn special off the blackboard, very tasty and came with vegetables and absolutely amazing saute potatoes. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were right next to the open kitchen so it was interesting watching the food being prepared. It is a little cramped but this meant there was atmosphere and we had a conversation with the people on the next table. Just wished they opened lunchtimes for when we only visit Sheffield for the day!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Only thing I would recommend is the garlic bread with cheese and tomato....

Everything else is just average, with the exception of the tables and chairs... They are just poor. Very uncomfortable, too close and no intimacy with your partner.

I have eaten at some good very good italian restaurants, including in Sheffield. If it comfort and good food your after go to Vito's. If if its cheap and your not too bothered about standard go to one of the chains. You will get a deal there off one of the voucher websites and your not missing out on quality.

I am sorry maranello's but I can t say anything else positive about my visit to your restaurant.