“Groupon voucher”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Groupon voucher”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Myself & my partner shared this with good friends on a Sat night.
I will start with only one negative because the positive out weigh them.
The pickle tray dips are stored at the base of the stairs which has a very heavy foot fall because there is another eating area up stairs and the toilets.
I wouldn't say but they do not cover the dips with lids, so they are open to all the elements.
(Not good hence the average rating.)

The positives are the meet and great was warm and welcoming.
I booked the table the day before but I don't think I needed to, our table was ready for us though.
The staff were very helpful and up for a laugh which was amazing.
The meal was lovely we all had a starter and main dish each, I had Onion Bhaji & Chicken Jalfrezi yum.
We all shared 2x Pilau Rice, 2x Peshwari Nan & Popadoms.
The wine like in all restaurants was very expensive £15 litre bottle, still drank it.
A very enjoyable night out at the Balti King, having not been in 15 years.
All in all very good Sat night out.

• Visited April 2013

“Top notch”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After reading a few other reviews I think they must have gone somewhere else!!
We have been going to this restaurant for a couple of years now and never had a bad visit. The vindaloo is excellant as are the other dishes that my partner tries regularly. I have always found the staff - especially Tony - to be very friendly and courteous. I have never had any problems using any vouchers that I have used.

• Visited April 2013
Sheffield
“Voucher deal”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went here on a voucher deal through Groupon I think, a few months ago. Unfortunately I cannot say anything nice about the place or the food. The seating where we were sat was ripped and stained. The drinks tasted watered down and the food wasn't great. We were not expecting a fantastic meal for the price but with what we paid for the voucher and then drinks and extras we could have gone to any Indian restaurant. We just ate and left as quick as we could. I remember going there years gone by when it was very good value for money and the food was great so I was happy buying a voucher I just didn't realise it had gone down hill so much and would not return. I feel bad writing this review as I have never given one star for any review on trip advisor.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Syko
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Made the mistake of ordering takeaway from here”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Shamefully bad food. About as fresh as the scrapings from the inside of a shoe. They need to cut down the menu and start serving fresh tasty food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Actos7
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great dining in, not so great at takeaways”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having eaten in here a few time I have never been disappointed. Although the takeaways aren't great, the food when you dine in is fantastic, made even better by the fact that they often do a deal where you can get two starters, two mains and 2 sundries (rice/naan) for £10.

The mixed kebab starter is fantastic, as is the chicken puree. Usually I just go for Chicken Bhuna but fancied a change so asked them to recommend a dish to me. They recommended the Chicken Handee, a medium curry with herbs and spices, which is my new favourite. As this is a special you have to pay a little bit extra (around £1.80 more), but it is definitely worth it.

The service is fantastic, with any problems rectified straight away. The staff are friendly and polite, and the food arrives quickly.

A lot of people slate Balti King as their only experiences are at 3 in the morning as a drunken takeaway. Before you judge it though, I highly recommend you dine in, as the experience is completely different, and I will definitely be returning again sometime soon.

• Visited November 2012