“Meadow Farm - Great staff.”

Meadow Farm, Dining & Carvery
Ranked #22 of 183 Quick Bites in Sheffield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great staff at Meadow Farm, Ecclesfield.
Really enjoyed our visit to Meadow Farm, excellent value for money and the staff were very helpful, friendly and accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Meadow Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Lizu9808sp, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you again for the great review!

Write a reviewReviews (577)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Carvery started serving at 12:16 (should have been 12:00) and I was subsequently LATE getting back to work.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Sorry about your disappointment. We had issues with certain items on our daily deliveries.
Send me your address and I will gladly send you a voucher to come back again to visit us. Other than service , we thank you for your acknowledgement of the rest of your visit. Thanks for getting in touch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at 12:30 and the restaurant was busy! After we were told by the staff at the main entrance that it was fully booked with no tables available, we didn't give up. And it was lucky that we didn't, as we managed to find our own table after having a look around. We queued for about 20 minutes from ordering to getting the carvery, so it wasn’t as bad as it looked.

The food was great! The gravy was yummy.

One last comment is that lots of tables had a ‘reserved’ sign on, but no one showed up during the three hours that we were there. No staff was in charge to free up the tables with no show...It was a shame. I bet the staff at the entrance have sent many people away thinking it was full with plenty of “reserved tables” which were not in use at all.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked online for myself hubby and 90 year old disabled father. Car park designated disabled section full of non blue badge (or not displaying badge) cars. Pub was very busy and chaotic, with no meaningful signage where to queue/report to/what the ordering procedure is. My father ordered from the carvery, which was a big mistake. Hubby commented to bar staff about the disabled parking area, and was given the reply “what do you want me to do about it?” Such was their concern. Dad was given a ticket for his meal and no further information. We thought it would be wise to enjoy a drink and wait a few minutes as no one told us the waiting time for waitress service for mine and hubby’s meal. After a while my husband took the ticket to queue for my fathers meal, at which time my meal and my husbands arrived. (My father cannot stand queueing due to his disabilities). I decided to start my meal, and was concerned that my husbands was going to go cold. My father, also concerned after about 10 - 15 minutes, decided to try to queue, so that my husband could eat his (now congealing) meal. I was then worrying about my dad, and hurriedly ate my salmon, to relieve my father, struggling to stand in a massive queue at the carvery. The total queueing time was just short of an hour which is unacceptable. Eventually, he got his meal, a long time after ours had been consumed. A waitress asked if everything was ok, and I voiced my concerns about the queues and the fact that we had all dined at separate times. Her reply was that there was nothing she could do about that, so what was the point in asking? Courteous but pointless.

Food is pub grub, prices are very reasonable, but all in all would not return, and not an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2019

Family of 6 all had the carvery, none of us finished it. Meat was tough & gristly both the beef & the turkey. Couldn’t even get any stuffing, it was all dried up, hard & stuck to tureen. Vegetables were bland & gravy just a glutinous mess. Total waste of money, only plus point, my granddaughter enjoyed her ice cream.

Date of visit: August 2019
David B, General Manager at Meadow Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2019

Please see my response on Reputation, to this complaint. I have asked for you to get in touch with Management, please.