“great for children”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As a couple and a family we have eaten here many times. I pride myself on bringing my children up to eat 'proper food' the childrens menu has no chips or chicken shaped like teddie's, dinosaurs or alike. My daughter's favourite it the Milanese with roasted new potatoes and fresh tomato sauce with a glass of cherry juice. She also loves the risotto balls off the main menu to start , my youngest says the lasagne is fantastic but not as goog as mine! ♡. As a family it is 'our' place to eat in Reading.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stop by here sometimes in the morning to buy a coffee when I'm working in our Reading office - great coffee. I've always wondered what the food was like and now know. My daughter met me in town and we decided to lunch at Carluccios. The food was good and the service very efficient. It's a little bit out of the main shopping centre but worth the walk.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I frequent Carluccio's now and then to pick up a takeaway coffee and some biscuits or similar from their small shop. Both of these are always excellent and the folks who work there always very helpful.

I decided to stop by for some dinner the other week for the first time. I was shown to a cosy table in the corner and immediately offered a drink and asked if I wanted some olives or bread. I opted for the bread and a basket arrived in less than a minute, with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side. The bread was delicious and I had most of it while perusing the menu.

I was going to order the fritto misto as a main (mixed fried seafood), but unfortunately it wasn't available which was a shame. As I was in a mood for seafood, I ordered the linguine with seafood and some zucchini as a side dish.

The linguine looked appetising, cooked in garlic and tomato with some (mild) chilli. The mix of seafood in the dish was ok and I was offered parmesan cheese and pepper. I only took some of the parmesan and this made the dish tastier than it would have otherwise been. Overall it was a nice dish, but nothing amazing and in the end, I found it a little bland. The zucchini were fine as was the dessert (fruit tart with strawberries and a scoop of ice cream).

Overall a pretty good meal but I think I will go back and try something else another time.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

great atmosphere, high quality italian food, well cooked, well presented and reasonably priced. this is not the first time I've eaten at Carluccios restaurants and I always find them good places to eat, either alone or in groups.

there are lots of choices on the menu, the quality of the food is very good and extremely tasty.

worth searching for if you're in Reading

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Service good.
Visited for Mothers day with 2 excited children, not much atmosphere,main course food ok, desserts good. Shop for goodies Easter eggs and food cooking bits and pieces oils etc.
I would go back, it is popular with families