“Slow”

Wagamama
Ranked #101 of 654 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I visited Wagamama in Reading for an early lunch. Although the restaurant was reasonably empty when we arrived, our meals took about 50-60 minutes to arrive, which is the main thing I remember about the experience! The food was tasty and fresh, and staff did make a discount to our bill for the inconvenience. However I did find it a little slack of the waitress that she didn't notice that our food hadn't arrived for such a long time when the restaurant wasn't busy.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been going here for years. The food is always great and you never have to wait long even though it is all freshly cooked. Staff are always friendly and I have never encountered anyone who wasn't 100% cheery and happy to help. Prices are reasonable, about 7 - 10 pounds on average for a main and the portions are really generous. If I was forced to present one problem with this place it is that you can end up queuing on a Friday or Saturday night but that only reflects its popularity and you are never wait more than 10 minutes. Definitely worth a visit if you are after a buzzy atmosphere and great Japanese food.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my work colleagues the other week. I am a keen fan of wagamamas, with the chicken katsu curry being my usual dish of choice. However I opted for the grilled chicken katsu on this occasion (since I'm trying to lose weight I thought this was marginally healthier). The food was quick to arrive as usual, although my katsu wasn't as usual, I understand I didn't opt for the breaded chicken but I expected the portion sizes to be consistent, I had one tiny breast of chicken, of which there is usually two or a large one and the rice was also smaller. I know I'm trying to lose weight but I'd been waiting all day for the wagamamas I know and love, so was slightly let down when it barely touched the sides.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wagamama food is quite reliable. Coming here you know you'll get something good, although to my taste, never really exciting. They rotate the menu very often, so if you enjoyed something on your last visit, it might not be on the menu on your next one, which I find disappointing. The food is healthy though, and you can have as much green tea as you like. It's a place to have a quick meal, because food is served very quickly. Personally, I don't like the bench seating, but it's a matter of preference.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Been there several times and like the noodles... The ambience is quite good, this place is suitable for dinner with friends or families, but not really suitable if you want to sit there quite a long time for chatting since there are lots of people waiting in the quieing line..