“Still up to scratch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reading, United Kingdom
“Still up to scratch”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have not been to Dolce Vita for over 18 months but upon my return the owner/manageress was very welcoming and friendly in her family Italian way. She and her staff were attentive throughout the meal and the prawn/crab stack followed up by the monk fish were both very tasty and worth re-locating to the restaurant to order! They have a good wine selection to accompany the food and as it was still warm enough - the veranda was a lovely place to dine. about £90 for 2 course for 2 with a bottle.

Baughurst, United Kingdom
“Tucked away but worth the trip”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The restaurant is at the rear and top of King's Walk and so a bit out of the way.

We had a nice table outside with the not so nice view of the rear of Debenhams.

Service was good and attentive and very nicely paced.

No complaints with the food either - well cooked, nicely presented, tasty generous servings.

Good value too. £70 for lunch for three, sans grog.

• Visited July 2013
“Fabulous food and warm and hospitable welcome”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been dining here for many years, so excellent is the food and welcome that many colleagues have been moved to choose this restaurant when entertaining guests or celebrating special events. Staff are friendly with polite attentive service which remains unobtrusive. Food is always excellent with a wide and varied menu; my vegetarian wife always has a wide selection which is rare in these days whilst my elderly parents are treated as part of the family and always served portions which mean they are not overwhelmed. Personally I choose the calamari and prawns as a starter and the calves liver as main; however the sardines are a tour de force if in season. If you want a proper Italian meal served with love then this is your destination, try it and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Despite living in Reading for over a year now this is the first time we've ever been to Dolce Vita and I really, REALLY wish we'd discovered it sooner! I booked a table for my partner's birthday and they were more than accomodating when I took some table decorations for them to put up before we arrived. Fantastic menu choice and wine selection with brilliant service. Everything we had was absolutely delicious. If you're a fan of Italian food you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Bex D
“Started off great; ended terribly”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dolce Vita with a group of friends and we were all very excited to try it out. To begin with the service was great; starters and mains were authentic and delicious.

When we had finished our mains it took the staff 20 minutes to clear our plates, and that was only when we started stacking them. Although saying we wanted desserts the menu wasn't brought, we asked another waitress who subsequently forgot straight away and then the original waiter realised and brought them over!

It was a shame because we wanted more drinks and desserts, but no one came to take our order. In the end we tracked down a waiter & paid the bill to go elsewhere.

I would return for the food but I wouldn't rush back.

• Visited June 2013