“Great service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a mid-week night out for a group of workmates - about 12 in all. Service was good, staff were friendly, food (or at least the food I had) was very good. It might be a little hard to locate as it's down the back of an arcade which was pretty quiet at night, but I guess we found it so it can't be that hard. The owner/manager person was very friendly and helpful. I've no idea of cost or value as someone else paid.

Would recommend it, and would go back.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have been eating at Dolce Vita at least once a month for about six years. It has always offered consistently good food and excellent service. Prices are very reasonable and they are very welcoming.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've been eating at Dolce Vita since I first came to Reading as a student nearly 20 years ago and it's as good as ever. Vana and her staff are superbly friendly - she always sweeps my children off me when we get through the door (and has even sat and fed them as babies for us) then fills their pockets with chocolates when we leave! The food is good solid Italian fare, the pizzas particularly good - but beware of their chilli oil, wow. Prices are reasonable and there's always a set menu option.
Go there when it's quiet and make the most of their friendly company as they are a lovely team. If only all restaurants were this welcoming...

Reviewed August 25, 2012

touch of greek because the owner is greek. i love their food, appetizers, and main dishes. its 100% fresh service is excellent. view is very nice. it has indoor and outdoor. we hv been there many times......

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The staff were all Italian, they were lovely, I could imagine though that they could get upset!!

The restaurant was very busy, we couldn't get a table until 9pm, when walking to our table I noticed that the pizzas appeared to be popular. The menu was very varied, we had a lamb dish and a pizza. The lamb was pleasant but the pizza was amazing.