“Average restaurant.”

Pizza Express
Ranked #216 of 620 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Reading Oracle offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Average restaurant.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went there with a couple of friends. I ordered pizza but was smaller than other restaurants and also it took them 40 mins to serve the food.

Visited March 2013

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Very busy on Wednesdays”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited Pizza Express on a Wednesday as we had the Orange Wednesday voucher. The food was tasty as always but the place was packed!!! We were seated quickly as there was only 2 of us but if you want to go as a group I would avoid Wednesdays for sure unless you can manage to book in advance. The service was fine, staff are friendly and efficient. Was just crazy busy and could barely hear myself think!

• Visited February 2013
uk
“Pizza Express, reliable as ever.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in a Pizza Express restaurant, you always know what you are going to get. I don't think this is one of the more pleasant ones inside, it seemed rather too noisy, but we got a table at the front looking out on the canal, which was quieter and had a pleasant enough view. In summer I'm sure the outside tables would be a good place to sit.

The meal was fine as ever. We had a special offer off the internet for 3 courses for £12.95 which kept the cost down. You have to give the waiter a code and then you get the discount applied to your bill. If you are planning to go, I would advise you to do this as we saved a tenner off our bill by doing so. 3 courses plus a decent bottle of wine for a shade over £20 each - can't be bad. Service was good too. This was probably the high point of our stay in Reading - which admittedly isn't saying much!

• Visited March 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Amazing Staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been here numerous times with a number of different friends & wouldn't hesitate in returning or recommending it. The staff are lovely, very hospitable, & the food is amazing. I love that you can see pizzas being tossed by the chefs. Had some very reasonable meals with Orange Wednesday codes or email vouchers as I'm signed up to their newsletters.

• Visited December 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“A very nice meal”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We often come here for a light bite and to rest our feet after whizzing around the Oracle shopping centre.
Staff are always very helpful, friendly and enthusiastic. The wait for food is always very reasonable. The premises are always very clean.
My only comment would be that sometimes portions of some of their dishes can be a little small.
Otherwise fantastic and we will keep going back

• Visited January 2013