“authentic”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Traditional Brazilian food, very warm service and interesting interior. Food was very tasty would definitely go again. We enjoyed how relaxed and slow paced the dining experience was.

1  Thank ceag

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

What a great cafe. Different, independent, great staff and friendly service. Had a few coffees and a sweet here, so I'm unable to comment on the main courses, but what we had was great.

1  Thank HRHtester
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We really love Pau Brasil. We've stopped in a few times for a beer and tasty snacks. It's great sitting upstairs in the open window, but it can feel pretty cramped if there are noisy children up there!
We are yet to try the main meals,but the coffee is also fantastic, and the shop downstairs has tasty treats for you to take home - my dad loves the caramel macaroons! The only downside is the opening hours- we live round the corner and would love to visit for dinner, but it's only really open in the day! (perfect for Sunday afternoons, though!)

1  Thank its_december
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This cafe is just lovely - the staff are so friendly, and they have a really impressive range of items on their menu.

The building is beautiful, and it is an ideal place to sit and chill out in any season.

1  Thank Timetraveller1
Reviewed July 31, 2013

You feel it the moment you step in: maybe it's the vibrant (yet elegant) colours, maybe it's the aroma of homemade food in the air, maybe it's the friendly look that greets you from the other side of the counter - maybe it's all those things together, because they never fail to happen. Pau Brasil is the place to go when you want to chill out, have a friendly chat and a bite or two. Which reminds me I need to talk about the food. (yes, we sometimes even forget that we go to Pau Brasil to eat or drink...) On that front, you can be conservative and have a coffee or a conventional sandwich, but I recommend that you try some Brazilian or Portuguese meals and snacks. I always find it interesting to observe how the Pau Brasil team manage to describe those 'different' dishes and their tastes in English, and my non-Brazilian friends have never been disappointed. Some have even tried juices that I myself (a Brazilian from Rio) have never drunk! And still on that topic: because the juices are made from the pulp, they really taste like the real fruit. Your visit to Pau Brasil may even be educational: lovely photos on the wall display some snapshots of Brazilian life and culture. And if you don't know what a 'cashew' (I mean the fruit) looks like, you'll be surprised to find out the 'a cashew nut' is, well, just an 'appendix' attached to a fruit called "caju"!

2  Thank Denise S