“Good value for money”

Zizzi - Reading
Ranked #38 of 630 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.This restaurant is situated slightly off the beaten track towards the bottom of Kings Road and surrounded by offices and residential buildings, but in easy walking distance of the Oracle Shopping Centre. It’s a perfect venue for business lunches, office and private parties, even for weekends, with a basement floor and a self-contained bar.And if you’re celebrating something special, see if our private dining area is right for you.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Although the name suggests an Italian restaurant and the menu is obviously Italian, don't forget that you are not in Italy. Many people have high expectations, a feeling which most of us have. nevertheless, this restaurant serves some really good food. I haven't tried everything on the menu and therefore don't have an opinion for everything, but still the things i have tried for me are very good but more importantly price wise (factor that influences more people) the food cost is very decent. You don't need a fortune to have a nice meal and Zizzi's is the place. I am not a regular there but i go once every 2 months and will definitely suggest this and recommend.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We eat in Zizzi's in both Camberley and Wokingham regularly, partly for the good menu and partly as I am colieac and their menu is very helpful for me indicating gluten free and they also have gluten free pasta. We requested a quiet table as we were meeting frieds and wished to be able to talk amongst ourselves comfortably; we thought they had done so until we realised (too late to move) that we were going to be stuck next to 15 people at a long table and right next to the cutlery drop off - the staff didn't bother mentioning the specials board which was at the other end of the restaurant and invisible from where we were seated - in other Zizzi's they are on the actual menu - they knew little about their menu or their wines and the service was very poor and inattentive. We ordered olives and a bottle of wine while we waited for our friends which were supplied quite quickly but when they were shown to the table some 20 minutes later, we had to wait another 20 minutes before a waitress came back to see if they wanted anything and to bring their menus. After that it was ANOTHER twenty minutes before she came back to take our order! We were served by four different members of staff through the meal, once we got their attention and there were clearly not enough staff on duty and those that were needed a great deal more training.

Food was adequate but lukewarm when served.

We shall not be going back to this branch as it was an utter waste of money.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a mixed bag visit. Generally I really like the Zizzi chain but this one didn't quite hit the mark. Very pleasant surroundings and, as we arrived for an early lunch, we were given the choice of where to sit instead of being frogmarched to the table of the waitress's choice. A nice touch.
The pizzas were as great as ever - freshly cooked and with plenty of topping. Sadly, I had pasta. I chose Ravioli di Capra - stuffed with spinach and goat's cheese in a tomato sauce. Sounded great but when it arrived it looked as though it had already been sitting around for a while. The tomato sauce was very watery as though the pasta hadn't been drained properly, the pesto was a dollop of something rather acidic and the pine nuts - well, I *think* there was more than one to justify the plural but certainly no more than a couple. The waitress was pleasant enough but we couldn't get a smile from her.
So nothing really wrong but not enough right either. At least I've learned to stick to a pizza in future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I dined ar Zizzis's for the first time with my girlfriend who has been a regular at Zizzi's resturants and she assured me the food was excellent. Safe to say that she was not lying, the food was outstanding, top quality, the best meal that i have eaten in a long while. We shared the delicious dough sticks to start over a glass of presseco to start and then i had the pork belly with potato's for my main. It was exquisite, the best pork i have had full stop. I throughly enjoyed my first experience and will not hesitate to go back, staff were friendly despite being busy, excellent time overall.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We visited on a Friday evening, nine of us to celebrate a birthday. The welcome was friendly and the atmosphere was very good. Unfortunately the food was a bit disappointing. Three of us had the Bruschetta Formaggio di Capra and all were very sparingly topped - plenty of the ciabatta bread showing.

Most of our group had pizzas as the main course, which looked huge. A couple of us went for the Zizzi Fish Stew which promised sea bass, prawns, calamari, mussels, smoked fish and new potatoes in white wine and tomato. Both had plenty of mussels and a good few calamari and potatoes, but mine had only one piece of fish - not sure if it was sea bass or smoked fish. Perhaps it was smoked sea bass. At £14.95 I'd expected a lot larger portion.

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, but was a bit let down by the kitchen which forgot one of the pizzas. If someone else decided to hold a party there I would certainly be willing to give them another try, but if I wanted an Italian meal in Reading, then there are other places I'd choose ahead of Zizzi.

1  Thank BeejayBerkshire