“Strada was good, price was not”
Review of Strada

Strada
Ranked #69 of 624 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Strada was good, price was not”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Went for my girlfriends birthday and got free wine. Very nice treat. I ate a starter platter of nibbles which was nice but 7 £ it was pricey. I had a pork and mash dish and lovely ice cream. Hazlenut is fully recommended. All in all it was good but 55 £ not including service for two is a bit steep.

London, United Kingdom
“Service was bad”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I visited the other night with friends from work food was ok but the service was appalling.
It was too difficult to attract the attention of the waitresses and in a couple of occasions I had to stand up from the table in case to be noticed.

Oxford
“Service with a smile and great food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It might be the weather, but all of the staff here seem to be really happy. Service was very friendly and kids were made to feel welcome.
Rib Eye steak was very tasty. Portion sizes are not the largest here, but food is good quality and presented well.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“No longer our favourite place in Reading for pizze”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This used to be our favourite restaurant in Reading for a decent Italian pizza. But the devastating news is they've changed the menus and what was great has become distinctly second rate. Presumably in the interests of driving up margins they are skimping on ingredients which means rather than putting sweet succulent rounds of true mozarella on their pizze they are now putting some cheap combination of hard cheese and cut prize mozarella on them instead. Extremely disappointing and we don't intend going back until/unless they go back to doing proper Italian pizze again. What a shame.

1 Thank Peter S
Poole, Dorset
“Good with my allergies”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went there today with my sister and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The food ... well, the food was amazing. We had antipasto for starter and it was yummy! Then for main course my sister had half a pizza (which was still enormous!) but very good apparently and I had pollo funghi which was really tasty. I was full up but still wanted more! I am allergic to onion, leeks and chives and onion is in a lot of things suprisingly enough but they were very good about it and as the sauce was premade with the meal, they made mine from fresh so I wasn't poisoned with onion. Shame their food isn't all completely fresh from scratch every time though? They admitted some of the meals are premade. Up to you how you take that though.

We couldn't fit any desert in but i'm sure it would have been lovely.

The only real problem that we had was we decided to sit inside by the big windows at the front and we were attacked by lots of flying ants. Ew! So we had to move but after that we were okay. So if you go, sit inside the restaurant nearer the kitchen and by the window was not nice.