“Good food, Good prices”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
oxfordshire
“Good food, Good prices”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

What an experience, we were recommended to visit the Spice Oven for dinner by someone who new we loved our food.

A selection of Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Spanish and English food plus a salad bar was on offer on the buffet style servery. This has to be one of the best buffet style restaurants that I have ever eaten at. What was nice was it wasn't your traditional foods that you would expect.

A three course buffet ranges from £12.99 - £14.99 depending on what night you go, the desert buffet was fantastic and I went back for seconds. We left feeling full and satisfied. Drinks were a little on the expensive side with bottles of Cobra at £5.00 a bottle and Magners at £4.50.

Give it a try I'm sure you will enjoy the experience as musch as we did.

1 Thank sodemallOxfordshire

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Nue Val Spice - c'est bonne”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went here two weeks ago on a Saturday night, and was very pleasantly surprised. £15 a head buffet and off you go. Great selection of salads, Chinese food and Indian and a smattering of English rubbish - burgers/ sausages for the kids, plus a wide selection of sweets.
Choice was fabulous, staff were great and the atmosphere was buzzing. But the salads grabbed it for me. Brilliant.

Weirdly, the last time I was in this place was years and years ago when it was a night club called Nue Valbonne and they had a male stripper on - ugh, very sobering and put me off chipolatas, but don't let it put you off this place. It was refreshing, and child friendly.

3 Thank johnhoghton
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, low prices”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very busy restaurant, but the quality of food was great. Lots of variety and staff were very friendly. If you have a large party and want to save some cash come to Spice Oven. I ate too much but really enjoyed myself with family and friends.

1 Thank Kish M
Reading
“Very good, need to improve”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went on a busy night, and there was very big selections! The good thing about going when its busy is that the food turnaround is quick. There were two occassions when there were a couple of sections that were empty. The chicken tikka and duck was my favourite food on offer! The choice of starters and dessert was the best part for me.
I think the management have crammed too many seats in front of the bar. Attempting to get past lots of people walking towards you, and trying not to hit people sitting down trying to eat.
The manager is rude and did not know how to smile which didnt create a good atmosphere. manners cost them nothing and in this case due to the lack of it...........you know?

• Visited September 2012
Hitchin
“Amazing food, expected less for this price but was blown away”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A brilliant concept, well executed. I love all types of food but am always wary if a restaurant serves more than one nationality. This place is the exception - the price is great and they even charge half price for kids. We munched our way through great easter european style salads, Italian dishes and Spanish tapas. Then went on to duck in pancakes and wontons, dim sum and great samosas and a huge arrany of pickles and dips.
I could go on but the main point is that the food seems to be cooked by regional specialists, certainly the made to order naan bread and chinese stir fry were made by people who knew their craft.
Great waiter took away each empty plate as soon as we finished and brought drinks promptly too.
We are going back (even though it is an hours away!)
This is a set price, buffet style restaurant - not a high class foodie joint. It would suit a first date well, for a bit of fun but not an anniversary or romantic meal for two..

Visited September 2012