“Great but just lacking warmth”
Review of Bel and The Dragon

Bel and The Dragon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bel and The Dragon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 638 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff are lovely and the food is good but for the prices you pay I suppose I was just looking for a little bit more atmosphere.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great location, lovely decor, super food and helpful staff. Have been to the bel and dragon a few times and never disappointed with the food or service. The Sunday roast is especially good. Great for couples, families and groups. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Extremely nice and help staff
Food portions are huge and the meals my guest and I ordered didn't really need additional sides, but the food tasted good. Nothing impressive, but it was still enjoyable.
Their range of wines to choose from is just perfect.
Nice ambience too.

I'll visit here again, but it won't be on top of my list.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Food was nice enough but I really have an issue with food being served on a chopping board for the reasons I'm about to explain. Food came with gravy. Tables are not put in place with a spirit level however when the food is served on a chopping board it goes over the sides onto the table. Cauliflower having a round top tolled straight off and onto the floor. Otherwise nice enough. I just want my food served on a bloody plate. Chopping boards are for chopping plates are for eating. For this reason it's put me off going again. Food was nice enough. Well what managed to stay on the board.

1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Bel and the Dragon is one of my favourite restaurants in Reading, the staff are amazing, the food is great. I don't eat meat so always have veggie options or fish and it's always delicious, and a friend of mine said the steak he had here was the best he had and worth the price tag!
My favourite thing is the heritage beet root and burrata starter. I could eat that all day!

They do a magnum of house wine (which is very good wine, either red or white) for a good price, and you only have to pay for what you drink. And the Bloody Caesar is bloody delicious ( as are all the cocktails I've tried)

The building itself is gorgeous, and right by the canal and in summer you can sit outside
If my boyfriend is paying I always suggest this place!