“Consistently wonderful”

The Bladebone Inn
Ranked #24 of 624 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: EAT, DRINK & ENJOY !!... Beautiful Country Pub in stunning location... boasting a large garden & stone patio perfect for those summer evenings!! Creative British menu with daily specials & lighter lunch-time offerings... Amazing food, stunning wines, Visual stimulating environment with real ales and exellent service to boot!! we look forward to seeing you all soon
Reading, UK
“Consistently wonderful”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Tried to get in on Saturday but fully booked, tried to get in on Sunday for lunch, still fully booked but room was found for us in the bar. I think the popularity is deserving. We had pea and ham soup, smoked salmon with wasabi, lime, garden herbs and beetroot, I also had seared scallops with honey glazed pork belly, sea lettuce and pear. It was all delicious, water was brought to the table and toast came with butter. We had a pint of a great local beer, Good Old Boy and a couple of pints of Pimms which were lovely. For our main course we had venison, Roast beef and belly pork, all came with all the trimmings. Service was fantastic, food delicious and we will be back as soon as possible.

I notice that they are doing some theme nights which I am sure will be amazing and worth checking out on their website, I am hoping for an Arabic evening.

1 Thank leilaferguson

Bicester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, well sourced, recommended”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Came here for Sunday lunch, definitely one of the best. Had the rabbit starter with truffle gnocchi, rabbit was a little dry but tasty dish overall. OH had crispy duck egg which was rich and unctuous. Great roast beef main, and the little details make all the difference, including yorkies stuffed with mustard leek, bacon and chicken filling, delicious. Beef was succulent and very well seasoned. OH had perfectly cooked venison.

Dessert of Assiette of chocolate which was gorgeous, OH a coffee Panna Cotta which was very tasty.

Service was very friendly but a tad slow, however on a busy day they managed to fit us in without booking.

Also a couple of good Berkshire ales on tap, always a bonus.

If you're looking for a great Sunday lunch which won't break the bank, highly recommended.

1 Thank Juggsy84
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and great service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This little country pub is a hidden gem! The food is absolutely fabulous, and the prices are very reasonable. Great staff and a very friendly welcome. Don't miss it!

3 Thank Meryl_10
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I visited last night on way back home from Reading. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Food was great, husband had fish and chips and I had slow pork belly. Both were lovely especially the triple cooked chips. They had a good varied menu. Chose a chocolate dessert which when ordered the chef came out to explain contained raw egg, and as I am pregnant could not really have. He was really nice about it and great to see the chef out talking to diners. Offered us some ice cream instead - great service. We will go back.

1 Thank claire_loves_hols
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I had a lovely meal ath the Blade Bone Inn. My husband did complain that the menu was very extensive however, I actually preferred this as it made feel that the food here was freshly cooked, unlike some of the chains (even the very good ones) that you might go to. They did have some old favourites, Sausage & Mash but the ingredients used were not your bog standard. I had the duck and enjoyed evey mouthful. My husband had steak which he also enjoyed. I then had the coffee panacotta which was also delicious. The only downside was that although the staff were very polite and attentive when we first arrived, once they got busy they did seem to take a long time to come to us especially for the desserts. I would certainly go back again, but not sure about hubby....

1 Thank Liz M