“Great food & Wine”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 5 minutes walk from the train station. 5 minutes walk from oracle shopping center Recommended taxi firm Top Cars 01189442222.
Description: Forbury's Restaurant and Wine Bar is relaxed & comfortable, offering seasonal food and daily specials. We work closely with our dedicated suppliers who strive to deliver the best ingredients daily, this is the joy & enthusiasm of our Chefs who then produce succulent dishes freshly prepared to order. Their passion & skills are tested all the time. This is why we pride ourselves as one of the few independent restaurants in Reading. We are situated in Forbury Square, 5 minutes walk from the Town centre and Train Station. it has achieved many positive reviews since it opened along with a recommendation from Michelin since 2005, two AA Rosettes and inclusion in Harden's Top Ten Restaurants for 2007. The restaurant has been created by Xavier Le-Bellego whose name has become synonymous with fine food and dining.
“Great food & Wine”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have been there several time and service and food with the superb choices of wines are always on the money, from the relaxed welcome to enjoying freshly prepared food (the only restaurant with talented chefs)the wines are really good and the chives by the glass are always fresh, I do recommend the Marcillac and the Picpoul,
The ambiance is well tuned and the car parking below the restaurant is very convenient
Can't wait to return...

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Petrys1

Pangbourne, United Kingdom
“Didn't make it to the restaurant, now won't ever try to...”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Forbury's a few times before and always enjoyed our meal and service. This evening we had made reservations by accident (an online mishap as we intended to go to 'The Forbury' hotel Restuarant, Cerise - which is opposite and similarly named) to dine with some friends.

Arriving at the Forbury hotel Restuarant we were lucky enough to be able to get a table, despite the fact that they didn't have a record of our reservation and I couldn't locate my online confirmation.

Two hours after the time our table had been accidentally booked for, I missed a call from a local number, this was likely from them. Moments later I received a text, which I can't post here despite trying to twice already. Forbury's keeps trying to have my review taken down and one of the rules is 'no quoting texts'.... Needless to say, the text was rude and told me I was 'blacklisted' as I was a no show, it also didn't ask why I didn't turn up, just assumed I was being malicious... pretty paranoid behaviour I think.

My response is also my review of this approach to this type of customer service:

'That is an outrageous text to send a customer, you have no information about why I failed to arrive - I will be giving a full comment to trip advisor as 'We' do not tolerate rudeness from restaurants. You are blacklisted from my list of dining options, and I will be sure to inform my many contacts via social networking as soon as I have a moment. Good night.'

As I mentioned above, we have been customers a number of times over the past years and have recommended Forbury's to friends... No longer if this is the attitude. On the bright side, I fully recommend Cerise, fantastic food, cocktails and service!

Visited June 2013
7 Thank DarranT97
Reading, United Kingdom
“Charlatan Groupon Rip-off - DISGUSTED”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Never been before so took advantage of a Groupon offer to have a 2 course meal for 2 for £19.50 (half-price) from the Market Menu. Arrived this evening to discover that miraculously the 2 course set menu is cheaper than the "verified validated price" which indicates to me the verified price was a con and over inflated by £10 (i.e. the saving was no where near the advertised 50%). Even though we had ordered a bottle of wine (so clearly were going to be spending some money) they weren't prepared to negotiate to enable us to use our £39 "Groupon value". We walked away and now referring this underhand set-up to Trading Standards.

A complete disappointment. Would have been our first ever visit but certainly don't intend on going back.

Visited June 2013
8 Thank RawlyUK
Reading, United Kingdom
“Best of the best”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Amazing culinary experience and a first class services.

We've been to Forburys 3 time now and we love it. The food was superb and the services really good.

The menu had a great selection of food and so the wine list.

I would recommend this place if you want a top class food and services.

• Visited February 2013
“Booked by mistake but lucky us!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked a night in the forbury hotel and assumed this was the hotel restaurant!so glad we booked though!we had a wonderful meal,service was very very good!my husband chose the three ways cooked pigs head much to my alarm but it was amazing!!my lamb was cooked to perfection and our starters were both innovative and delicious!!we were devastated not to have room for dessert!would definitely recommend !!!

• Visited June 2013