“Excellent Value For Money”

Forbury's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #55 of 614 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 5 minutes walk from the train station. 5 minutes walk from oracle shopping center Recommended taxi firm Top Cars 01189442222.
Description: Forbury's Restaurant and Wine Bar is relaxed & comfortable, offering seasonal food and daily specials. We work closely with our dedicated suppliers who strive to deliver the best ingredients daily, this is the joy & enthusiasm of our Chefs who then produce succulent dishes freshly prepared to order. Their passion & skills are tested all the time. This is why we pride ourselves as one of the few independent restaurants in Reading. We are situated in Forbury Square, 5 minutes walk from the Town centre and Train Station. it has achieved many positive reviews since it opened along with a recommendation from Michelin since 2005, two AA Rosettes and inclusion in Harden's Top Ten Restaurants for 2007. The restaurant has been created by Xavier Le-Bellego whose name has become synonymous with fine food and dining.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value For Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really enjoyed the 'market menu' lunchtime deal. My wife both enjoyed the mushoom on muffin topped off with duck egg. I had chicken and ham hock pie with a mash while my wife had the venison-very nicely cooked. We shared the bread basket and butter-4 pieces of bread with plenty of Normandy butter. Washed down with 2 glasses of very pleasing 'house' red.
Service is always very good and the surroundings very pleasant.
All this for under £38-fantastic value for money.

1 Thank Jeff070

Bath, United Kingdom
“Spacious and welcoming....for a modern building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

They have it right here. Spacious bar area for waiting with spacious reataurant without losing ambience. I went here with my daughter on a cold January lunchtime. Although not many people were in the restaurant we didn't feel it lacked any atmosphere. The staff were helpful and friendly and their special lunchtime menu was just up our street. As my daughter treated me I cannot say what the final bill was! I felt the food was top notch and presented beautifully. I would certainly recommend this restaurant and as it is a short walk from the station ideally situated travellers meeting half way!!

1 Thank suewright180
Berkshire
“Fantastic food & service, a real must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Once again I have had an extremely enjoyable meal at Forburys. I have eaten here several times now and not once have I been left disappointed. The menu always has plenty of choice, the food delicious and the service impeccable. It has a lovely atmosphere, perfect for couples or business alike. I cannot fault this place! Will definitely be back!

1 Thank VWT5Campervan
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service. A little pricy without an offer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We dined at Forbury's on Saturday 19th January with a LivingSocial deal. Whilst the available menu was a little limited, the food was excellent. I had the venison and pork meatball and my wife had the Moroccan lamb. The desserts and wine were also first class.

We have dined at Forbury's a handful of times over the years and always treat it as a 'special occasion' restaurant. It has never disappointed and this time was no exception.

The atmosphere can be a little lacking if you are into busy places but if you would like to go somewhere quiet and refined then look no further than Forbury's. The service and attentiveness of the staff is second to none and adds to the feeling of being somewhere special.

One star removed for the prices - we had an excellent deal on the day but can be a little overpriced if you are not savvy with your deals!

1 Thank disco_micky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Fabulous Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We made a visit to Forbury's for lunch. On arrival we were made very welcome considering it was freezing outside! We decided to pick a 2-course lunch from the market menu starting with a chicken, leek and ham pie with lovely potatoes, spinach and petits pois as a side order. This was beautiful and wonderfully presented. It tasted fantastic, one of our best meals yet! All the staff were discreet but attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We finished off the meal with a delightful chocolate nut brownie with ice-cream which was to die for. All portions sizes were more than adequate. We will definitely be going back, hopefully sooner rather than later!

1 Thank Adrian K