“Romantic weekend”
Review of Malmaison Reading

Malmaison Reading
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked in for a Friday cocktail special, stayed I. A standard twin which was surprisingly spacious , staff were friendly , meal was ok , no complaints would defo recommend it, it's next to the station and to revolutions.

• Stayed: April 2013
Paul W, General Manager at Malmaison Reading, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Navysihota,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, i was pleased to read you had an enjoyable time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards

Paul Watson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited the hotel for a one night short break to celebrate her birthday. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk by two friendly members of staff who made us feel welcome.

After eventually finding out room after what seemed like a maze of dark corridors, we were blown away by our room "rocket". It was spacious, a large comfortable bed, separate large bathroom with enormous bath well maintained and all we needed.

I had mentioned whilst booking off the night I'd like flowers to be placed in the room for my girlfriend, and I got better than I thought I would and they went down well also.

We dined in the restaurant in the evening and the food was lovely. We were the only couple in the restaurant for the first 30 minutes or so, but the silence which would deter most didnt make us feel awkward at all.

Hopefully be returning to stay one day soon :)

Dear Leegiyoung,

THank you for taking the time to post a review, i was delighted to read that enjoyed your time in the hotel.

We have a great team who go out of their way to please the guests for which we are very proud.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ok, so it's Reading, but if you're there then you need to be here. Fantastic food, great ambiance and (I stayed inthe GWR suite) I absolutley adored my room. Can't speak highly enough, and I am both miserable and Welsh!

Matt

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and, if there a re suites available, ask to see a couple as I saw 2, for...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dinkeypoo,

Firstly, i must say that with this username i can not imagine you to be miserable!

Thank you for your fantastic review, i was delighted to hear you enjoyed the GWR as this is also my favoured room.

We cant wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel was a beautiful building and the room was very well appointed with lovely fabrics and many extras. The tea and coffee tray had other things to offer than just the obvious, there was an iron in the room and nice bathroom products. The bathroom was very clean and very comfortable with nice towels. The breakfast also had lots of choice and I liked the mini pots of jam. The only problem was that the hotel was really dark throughout and it was very hard to read a newspaper at breakfast. I think that the darkness was meant to make the hotel look sultry and sexy but I just felt disorientated by it. This is only a small thing though. I enjoyed my visit and it is a quality hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear LadyCruiseFan,

Thank you for your constructive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, we do go for the sultry and sexy feel although understand that that may be disorientating for some. Hopefully the next time you visit you will feel right at home knowing what to expect!

See you soon

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday night. We upgraded to a superior room. The room was very large, quiet, clean and cosy. The bed was a queen sized bed and the room was decorated with dark green/purple colours. The bathroom was huge - with a seperate shower area and two sinks and a decent sized bath - all spotlessly clean.

We had dinner and cocktails in the restaurant - which was great. Good food and service.

The hotel is literally opposite the railway station and right next to Revolution bar. So very central.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Zoom6

Thank you for your great review, we love our Superior rooms and the extra space these give which can be very generous due to the age and nature of this hotel. The bathrooms are fantastic and nearly all have a seperate shower and bath to suit your needs.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, maybe you could try a suite next time?!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Malmaison have always offered something a little different & this Reading property is just that. We stayed in The Rocket "studio room" which is a junior suite complete with a comfy sitting area & a staircase up to a large bathroom with double rain shower & wooden (yes wooden) bath & double sink. Very nice space but (as with most Malmaison) very dark, even with the dimmer lights on full. There was some wear & tear evident but not too much. Housekeeping could do with a kick. No glasses for drinks (two days in a row) a champagne cork (not ours) under the sinks & a lack of use of the vacuum cleaner! Other than that all was fine. The bar got a bit noisy (always full of men, drinking after work) but the brasseries was great. Very good food & tasty choices. Service here was good. Parking (if carrying a lot of luggage) is a pain. Parking is found via a confusing one-way system 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear thebigseats,

Thank you for your constructive review. I was very pleased that overall you enjoyed yourself.

Please consider our housekeeping team 'kicked'! This feedback was most unusual as i hope you may have noted from our other reviews, and your feedback has been used to reiterate both my own, as well as our guest expectations.

I do hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I (along with our 9week old) stayed here for one night. The room was large enough for a travel cot and our belongings including the complete travel system for our pram!!
We requested a quieter room after reading reviews on here and this was done which was a nice touch.
The hotel is very central and is surrounded by lots of lovely shops.
We ate dinner and had breakfast in the brasserie which was amazing. The staff at check in and all the waitresses were so helpful even allowed us to have our dessert back in our room. We will definitely be returning. Well done malmaison!

Dear hw28,

Thank you for your great review, i was delighted to read you had a good time. I do hope we get to see you here again soon when i hope that you will have an even better time!