“A Good, Clean Hotel in centre of City”

Ibis Reading Centre
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Driving to get car park is a bit of a nightmare as sat Nav takes you on roads that are bus and taxi routes only.
I was in a room on 14th floor. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. Couldn't fault it.
My only gripe was the housekeeping staff who knocked on my door three times in the morning to clean the room and I was trying to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at Ibis Reading Centre
We were glad to be part of your visit, and we also have taken on board your comments regarding our housekeeping team which we apologised for,
We will retraing them to avoid this incident in the future

Best regards
Anne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I arrived in England at 6:30pm on a flight from South Korea. As I was travelling to Shropshire the next day, I chose to take the bus from the Central Bus Station to Reading. That decision, and the choice of the Ibis Reading Centre for accommodation, proved to be very good ones.

The ibis Reading is in an excellent location, just 5 minutes walk from the railway station. It is in a very good location, but if you haven't been there previously, and you have arrived by rail or bus, ask someone at the station to give you directions. It is only one block away, so it's easy to remember what you will be told.

The Reception staff at the hotel are efficient and helpful. The room I was allocated was airy, and functional. The bed was comfortable. There is a small but quite adequate en-suite, with a shower that provides plenty of hot water. I appreciated the inclusion of a kettle. The tariff is definitely value for money.

Be aware that at the weekend, there can be a fair bit of street noise. Opt for a room on one of the higher floors, if it is available.

A real plus at this hotel is the excellent breakfast: lots of choices, and a friendly welcome. It's good value, and best of all, available from 06:30 - ideal if you need to catch an early bus or train.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I will pass your kind comments about breakfast to my team who will be delighted.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Reading Centre again very soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is everything you'd expect from this sort of hotel - clean, comfortable, and in a good location. Two minute walk from the rail station, and right near the convergence of most bus lines. Price is excellent. Room is simple but has everything you need, and is a decent size. Hotel is pretty quiet for being centrally located - I had a window facing an alley and only heard noise one night from one rather drunk guy for a few minutes - otherwise no problem.

Free wi-fi is available (from reviews this seems to be a new thing), and works well though you do need to renew every 24 hours. Breakfast is fine - a decent selection though not extensive and given one of the two coffee machines was not operational the queues got a bit long in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Reading Centre again very soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

As a budget hotel this is fine with good location for railway station. Much better value than the cheaper "IBIS Budget" brand. Clean, friendly and well run; only minor criticisms are towels are bit small and the hotel could do with more than one ironing room (with more than one single iron).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on business. Check in was quick, got the standard Ibis room clean and functional. Didn't eat dinner here so can't comment, location is central so great for restaurants and pubs. I found the hotel to be quiet with little noise at night the room was a little warm. Breakfast I found to be very good self service excellent sausages and bacon which most hotels cant seem to get right but the Ibis did a good job. Check out was again quick and easy. The bar / reception area is a bit strange but while having a beer the great bar staff gave out some peanuts and crisps which was nice touch. The only element I think the Ibis can improve is the information regarding parking, you need to park in the NCP on Garard Street (I think I spelled it right) on check out you need to validate your ticket at the hotel and pay at the machine in the NCP, the cost is £10 compared with £17. The hotel website is a little lacking in this information or I could not find it. Overall a good hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Hotel in Reading again very soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for me - clean, comfortable, quiet. Easy walk from the rail station, and right in the centre of everything. Lots of shops and restaurants right there, and the river w/ restaurants and major shopping mall very near by. No wifi, but a coin-operated computer to check email, unless you sit in the 'lounge' with a pint, in which case it's free. Couldn't have asked for more, especially for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Reading Centre. I am pleased to let you know that we have now free Wifi at the hotel.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards,