“As good an Ibis as I've seen”

Ibis Reading Centre
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here at the end of August, so the renovation works in Reception were still under way, but there was no bother with that. My room was on an upper floor, so it was quiet (which I always insist on) and provided just what I required - clean, reasonablly sized, good bathroom (was small pod-like but with an excellent shower) and a comfortable bed. There are plenty of restaurants & shops close by and the railway station is a 5 minute walk away. One great thing about Reading is that there an express bus link from Heathrow airport direct to the station (£18). The breakfast was typical of a budget hotel, good continental selection and smaller range of hot options. On this occasion I was glad I had gone for the continental one... Will be more than happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

So glad you had an enjoyable time at the Ibis Reading Centre!
We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,
Anne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at ibis during the recent Reading Festival weekend.

Upon arrival we were checked in pretty quickly however the receptionist came across as slightly rude. We were not fussed as we just wanted to get to the festival asap.

The room was a standard Ibis room with all the basic amenities. We did notice the room smelt of smoke and there was cigarette burns all over the window sill.

When we got back home we noticed the sheets were absolutely filthy but we were so tired we didn't have the energy to complain.

I noticed during the evening the air con wasn't working. I made reception aware and also complained about the dirty sheets, I was the told this would be sorted however upon returning on the Saturday night the room remained as it was.

We were extremely disappointed with our stay at the ibis in Reading. We have stayed at several Ibis hotels recently including London Excel and Krakow in Poland and had a very pleasant experience.

We weren't expecting too much from our stay but for the rate of £92 a night we expected clean sheets at the very least.

The staff came across as rude and the atmosphere in reception was poor.

Upon checking out I made the receptionist aware of these issues which he acknowledged but we did not even get an apology.

Disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed. I am personally looking into this and if you’d like to contact me, feel free to call on 01189 533 500 or email me on h5431-gm@Accor.com.
Kind regards

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during the Reading festival. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the central station in Reading. There are several shops, restaurants and cafés in walking distance, so the location is great. We slept fine, no noise even tough the window was open in the fourth floor. During the festival there is a free bus from the station only 2 min from the hotel.

The staff where efficient and friendly. The room was newly refurbished, so we could still smell paint. They had forgotten to clean the floors tough, so we cold see foot prints from dirty boots! The bed was ok, a bit hard for my taste, but we slept fine. The bathroom was a bit small, felt like being in a boat, but the shower was great.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not facing the main street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for comments following your stay during Reading Festival.
W have made note of your comments reagrding the floor, and please rest assured we are addressing them.
I look forward to welcoming you again next year.

Best regards

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my second review of this hotel where I have been staying every week for a number of months. After checking out yesterday, I unexpectedly had to return a few hours later due being unable to travel for the weekend. After leaving the airport in a "slightly" stressed state, on arrival at the hotel the staff were amazing in welcoming me back. All my worries went away thanks to everyone at the Ibis, I send a special thanks from me to you all!

1  Thank czvisitor

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your kind words. It can be very distressing indeed to lose one's passport, and I am sorry it has happened to you last Friday. I am glad to know that we at the Ibis were of support to you, and were able to make your stay better in the end.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here as a 2nd part of our honeymoon as we were going to Reading Festival! The sat nav didnt want to get us to the hotel, but we eventually found the hotel. We were welcomed by very polite staff and we were encouraged to participate in the offer for breakfast. Our room was fab! The bed was so comfortable, we had to get some more pillows, but they were on top of the wardrobe, which was fine. The shower room was not what I expected, it was like a little pod. The shower was nice, but did get too hot at times, but I just moved out of the way. The shower was prettybig.
The location was brillant, in the middle of the town, close to the train station and not far to walk to the festival.

Breakfast was perfect for the amount of money, cereal, fruit, yoghurts, cooked breakfast, toast, juice, tea, coffee and pastries. Perfect!

Really recommend this hotel, especially for anyone who doesnt wanna camp at the festival.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Summer2k9
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Summer2k9
Thank you very much for your kind comments following your stay at Ibis Reading Centre
I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you again next year!
Best regards

1  Thank An Accor traveler

Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
AnneDubruille, Front Office Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013