“Ibis Reading Centre”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ibis Reading Centre”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Ibis Reading Centre is in a great location for the station and Town centre. I had a room that overlooked the main street. It was a good size room with a good bathroom with power shower. I could not get the Wi-Fi in the room but did so in the reception area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Reading Centre.
Kind regards,
Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Can't fault the hotel, staff, or location. To me a 10/10 service!! Certainly would go back to this particular hotel again. Nearby train station & plenty buses outside the door. If your traveling by car, there is a nearby NCP behind the car park. We stayed for one night & the overnight charge was £17, which I thought was a bit steep, but beyond the hotels control. But they have a deal with the car park & after producing the parking ticket to reception, the cost came down to £10, for a 24 hour stay, which was a nice bonus,
The night staff were excellent. And the day staff were just as good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Reading Centre.
Kind regards
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having returned to the UK to work in Reading short term I booked into the budget Ibis.

My first point of contention was the cleaners don't actually clean the rooms. OK they empty the bins and make the bed, apart from that they are quite happy to leave rubbish in the room and unclean floors.

The 2 main issues I had were:

1. Door to room left unclosed/unlocked after cleaners had been in. My laptop/iPod plus all my belongings unprotected.

2. I reported that someone had been sick in the lift. I was advised that they knew about it - so why was it not cleaned up if they knew???

For a budget hotel, it's not actually that cheap, I'd suggest to anyone that if they want a budget hotel go a little out of town and get something far cheaper and much better.

I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on 01189 533 500 or email me at h5431-gm@Accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further.
With kind regards
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice lobby and staff seemed friendly enough. The beds were very comfortable and the room we stayed in was very spacious. The bathroom was clean and the shower was lovely and warm. Only paying 49 pounds, the room was more than we expected to get. The only things I can actually complain about, and this is being extremely picky is that the towels are rather small, that there wasn't any shampoo and that the tea bags taste like pond water.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for giving us your thoughts following your stay at Ibis Reading Centre
We are glad you had a nice one, and I will pass on your comments to the staff
Warm regards
Tyne & Wear UK
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before on an overnight trip when visiting the uni. This visit was the same and the Ibis was, again, ideal. It's really central, less than 5 minutes from the station and very clean. The rooms have everything you need, including a hair dryer. I found the rooms a bit hot, but the windows open and there is air con. I will no doubt stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for leaving us your thoughts following your stay at the Ibis Reading Centre
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forwrad to welcoming you soon
Regards
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The title says it all really!

In a very good central location in Reading, handy for the train station, the shopping and the buses.

The bed was sooo comfy...honestly, my fiancé and I discussed stealing the mattress for our house... hahaha

The staff were also lovely, and went above and beyond (printing my boarding pass etc) for us... really nice touch!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am so delighted you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our new beds. It makes all the difference!
The staff will also be happy to learn about your kind comments,
Regards
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had two stays at the Ibis last month, and can't say I had a single complaint about it.

The rooms may be quite basic but they are comfortable and very clean. The beds, however, are exceptionally comfortable; posters around the hotel stated that they had recently put a lot of research into their beds, and i can confirm that it's paid off.

The hotel is very handy for the station and the town centre. I would have to agree that there can sometimes be an issue with noise from outside, though I'd point out that this is always going to happen in hotels that are located centrally, particularly when there are pubs and clubs nearby.

The staff were also very courteous and very kindly printed off my boarding passes for me when I checked out to fly home.

I now live in Reading so have no requirement to stay here again, but I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who will be visiting Reading.

Room Tip: There are 13 floors in this hotel. If that will be a problem for you, try and ask for one on quite a...