“Excellent staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Standard Accor facility but what's more important is their staffs are highly professional and exceptionally helpful.
I arrived after a long journey and found a document missing and I needed to print out, the lady on duty she offered me help and had my document ready on time. Second day after the meeting I found my earring gone missing and went back to ask if they had found anything - the lady on the front desk didn't take it lightly and she followed up for few times with the housekeeping staff.
This is a kind of service I wish to receive in every single ACCOR hotel.

Minus - No WIFI in room. I don't mind to pay, I just wish to have that convenience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jk0819
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Reading Centre.
Kind regards,
Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Ibis is great for a night out as it is ideally situated 4 minutes from the train station and the Oracle. There are plenty of places to eat, as well as fast food restuarants and bars/clubs. The hotel sell hot food as well as snacks and alcohol, we found the menu to be very reasonably priced.

We all commented on how comfortable the beds were and though the rooms were basic, they were clean and suitable for what we needed them for.

We would not usually choose this type of hotel however for value for money and cleanliness we could not complain.

It is worth mentioning that we only paid £40 for a double room, however this was an advanced booking which upped to £80 on the Ibis website when we wanted to book a second room. The Hilton is worth a visit for around £60 and is just outside Reading town center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Reading Centre very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I received a discounted rate so the value was superb. The rooms were clean and everyone in my group of friends had a fantastic stay. The only issue i has was that the concierge did not know the area well enough to give directions. Other than that, FANTASTIC stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed in the Reading Ibis for a business trip for one night and all the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. A definite recommendation from me for this budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kathamley
AnneDubruille, Front Office Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Hotel in Reading Centre.

Kind regards,

Krishnam Addala
London
Reviewed December 13, 2012

3 minutes walk from the station and right in the town centre suited me very well. The hotel has a small bar which gave it a bit more personality than some budget hotels. Hesitating for a couple of days before booking put the price up by about £20, making it less good value than it might have been.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel in the centre of town.Was on the 14th floor only one lift working.Staff very nice and helpful.Not happy about having to use plastic spoons to stir our hot drinks,while stirring my hot chocolate the soon mellted.
When i reported it to reception she thought it was funny.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Reading Centre.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.