“Great atmosphere”

Ibis Reading Centre
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

However I checked in late the personnel was available and friendly. Buffet breakfast available till 12 on the weekend is a blessing. Also the hotel is located in the town centre with easy access to shopping and local transport. Will stay again ;-)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Dianki
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Customer

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Reading Centre.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Reading Centre

Reviewed November 8, 2012

For a budget hotel this is a good one. Reception staff was efficient and helpful. Nice, clean small room with internet. Bed was comfortable. Functional clean toilet with amenities. Surprising how many things have been arranged in such a small space. Quite expected for a budget hotel. Very near Reading station. There is a shopping mall nearby which has House of Fraser, Disney store, Apple store, John Lewis etc. Went to Reading for a business meeting and this hotel was just aboutperfect for our needs.

Dear Customer

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Ibis Hotel Reading Centre!
We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Conveniently located, clean comfortable rooms. Polite staff, sometimes delayed by slow computer systems but otherwise efficient.

"It does what it says on the tin".

A great place I use regularly and will continue to use. Early booking seems to result in better rates. Parking available in NCP Garrard Street. Partially validated on departure by the hotel so the maximum you pay is £10.00.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank derekbritten
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Sir/Medam

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel is situated at the center of the city, reception staff is extremely helphful and nice, rooms, elevators, envornment in general - very nice. The breakfast was somehow limited of choice, but that I think is something common for all IBIS hotels.
The bed was excellent. TV chanels mainly British, no CNN, and only TV5 for French viewers.
The big disappointment was: no wifi in the room. I paid a broadband included price for the room, but only access through a cabel was possible and the wifi was accessable only in the reception hall but there it was not confortable of course. Internet from a computer at the reception hall was possible for 2 pounds for a minute or 1.5o pounds for a minute, I don't remember, as both seem unexplicable expensive for me. Include the access in the price, 150 euro per room is not a small amount for that hotel...
The extras in the bath - only a wash-hands soup and the liquid from a stand-still conteiner in the wall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Reviewed October 30, 2012

you get what you pay for here. Right in the town centre it is basic but very clean. Small bar, free wi-fi if you buy a drink - I have no problem with that. Am surprised at some comments re cleanliness, my room was sparkling, and I thought the staff were very friendly. If you pay Hilton prices you might get better but for an overnight stay it is a good choice. Was a bit disappointed no free car park, you have to use NCP or similar.

Room Tip: check out parking
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks for the review.
We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Reading Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night, very bad decision.
Dirty, musty smelling room, bathroom similar to aeroplane toilets!
Can only get Wi-Fi in the bar after paying 4 pounds for only 1 hr.
Alternatively buy an overpriced drink and get unlimited usage, again only in Bar.
Very noisy and very stuffy rooms.
Did not sleep from all the drunken screaming outside on the streets.
Breakfast is good though!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us.
I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me by email me on h5431-gm@Accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Rooms are clean and tidy but very very plain. The bathrooms are funky - a single big plastic unit containing shower, sink, toilet. Very functional, seemingly fairly new, but very odd. In all - absolutely devoid of personality or charm. Not a place I would spend my leisure time.

Negative: No Wifi in rooms.

Positive: Decent breakfast, but weak coffee. Good location if you are visiting Reading centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.
Kind regards