Novotel Reading Centre
$94
$89
  • Restaurant
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Pool
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Restaurant
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
$83
$63
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$89
CrownePlaza.com
$93
$42
$120
$112
1,303 results
All reviewsseparate toiletwash your handstrain stationcar parkexecutive roomswimming poolfriar streetsteam room and saunahigh floorthe sofa bedcentral locationleisure facilitiesearly checkbars and restaurantssaturday nightlocation is excellentcentre of town
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We accidentally left a phone charger in the room and when I called the next day the receptionist dealt with the matter very efficiently, called me back and then posted the charger to arrive at our home address the very next day.

The food was excellent, some of the best hotel food we have ever had, and the breakfast was very good too. The X box in reception was an added attraction for our son! We used the leisure facilities which were excellent.

Our only criticism would be the car park where the spaces were so narrow and the area was so congested that it was not at all easy to park our car the second night. The staff directed us to the NCP car park literally yards away and were able to discount our ticket so that is what we would always do if we stayed here again in the future.

All in all a very pleasant experience, thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JacquiMcMillan, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Reading Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Several rooms booked by family members attending a Wedding, excellent location in the centre of Reading, asked on arrival if we'd like a room on the 11th floor as it would be a bit quieter!
Now we know why, Friday & Saturday nights Friar street is alive with people.(lots of bars and nightclubs in this street) So noisy you could not have the window open.I have never seen so many people or policemen in my life.(country dweller)
Room excellent everything you could need, very clean and comfortable
Time your breakfast well, we went down at 8am the first morning all the cooked food looked as if it had been there since 7am, dried up and barely warm. Toaster burnt one side but did not toast at all on the other side. Go very early when its just been put out or a couple of hours later when the fresh food filled up the servery. Excellent choice though.
Hotel well placed for all the fantastic shops Reading has to offer. very helpful staff.
We did get a parking space in the very small car park but there is an NCP car park just behind the hotel. Very easy walking distance from the station. Would stay there again and ask for a side room at the top!

Room Tip: Ask for a side room on the top floor if you want a quieter night
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I am sorry about the issues you had with breakfast, please be assured that I am dealing with this. I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Reading in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed here on a Saturday night which, in the middle of Reading and by some busy Nightclubs, you'd expect would have been cause for plenty of noise - This wasn't the case at all thankfully, put down to some decent soundproofing and courteous positioning of us on the 5th floor.

After being greeted by friendly receptionists (Please, hoteliers, take note - A smile goes a long way!) on check in, we decided to check out the Gym/Spa. It houses a decently sized pool with Steam room and Sauna alongside a well quipped gym (for a hotel). There was no wear and tear, and the equipment all looked fairly new.

The room itself was very clean, decently sized and with all you'd need - Tea/Coffee, hair-drier, safe, flatscreen TV etc etc and both a shower and a bath, with the toilet completely separate by the door. Protip: Don't put the thermostat accidently up to maximum before bed...!

Breakfast was included as a 'help yourself' affair and again the staff were more than friendly and happy to help out where they could. Decent food, all you'd expect from English Fry-up through to continental, and healthier options.

My only slight issue would be that the parking is very limited, and so we were sent across the road (literally) to the NCP, with a rate of £10 for 24 hours parking (Normally £17). Given that the hotel is in the middle of town so would naturally have limited parking, plus I knew this could be the case going in, it wasn't a problem at all. Would certainly visit again.

Room Tip: We got lucky on the 5th floor - Lower floors could potentially hear the high street outside
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I once again chose the Novotel for my overnight stay before the Reading Half Marathon yesterday.

It's a good, solid choice - a clean, well-located hotel with great facilities (including a pool, which I got around to using this time). Slept well.

This time I upgraded to the exec room - and very much appreciated the excellent shower and fluffy bathrobe after my run.

My previous review was a little critical of two things - the lack of free wifi, and the breakfast (which was overpriced). So I was pleased to note the former has been resolved - but the latter just as opaque as before.

Basic wifi is now provided free of charge, with high speed wifi available for £10, or included in the room rate if upgrading to an exec room.

Last time I complained that the breakfast - £15.99 if booked online, supposedly cheaper than ordering on arrival - turned out to be quite the opposite (£9.99 on arrival), making it the most expensive single Weetabix I've ever bought. This I wasn't about to be caught out again, so this year I didn't book the breakfast online (fairly sure it was £15.99 online this time too), and figured I'd go to Starbucks instead.

On check in, I was advised I could book breakfast for £7.99. This seemed a reasonably good deal (given early start and hassle factor), so I went for it - and was glad I wasn't caught out this time.

So booking breakfast ahead of time still appears to be a more expensive option than buying on the day - buyer beware.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AuntieMabel
JacquiMcMillan, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Novotel Reading. Your feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services and indeed the service we offer. I am delighted that you were happy with our free WIFI option which we now have and this has been down to listening to outr guests feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan - General Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Last stayed here two years ago in a 3rd floor street facing room - had to endure what sounded like a battle reenactment society rampaging up and down the street until the early hours - thankfully, on this occasion we were high up on the 13th floor with the only sound being the rain drumming on our window.

Large comfortable room - king size comfortable bed with ridiculous orange cushions - compact bathroom cleverly fitted into what seemed like an adjoining cupboard. Plentiful items to choose from at well stocked breakfast buffet.

Overall a good weekend break in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback on here, we really appreciate it. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it was a better experience than your previous stay. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards - Jacqui McMillan. General Manager