“lovely bed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 7, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pete-sam2009
JacquiMcMillan, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

stayed here en route to LHR from south west UK, very convenient for railair link to airport, also train to LGW via reading station, Hotel only minutes wak away from mainline train station, friendly reception staff, nice clean rooms, decent breakfast included in my room rate. Hotel is in centre of shopping area for those last minute purchases before heading to the airport. Have seen some deals for this hotel on the internet, so check rates before you book

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank katiebiks
JacquiMcMillan, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it proved to be a good location. I do hope we can welcome you back to Novotel Reading in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan - General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Novatel Reading Centre on our first night in England. We arrived more than a little jet-lagged early in the afternoon on Saturday.

The reception staff was courteous and professional. After we freshened up a bit, we set off for some shopping near the Broad Street Mall and the Oracle. Again, the reception staff was very helpful, orienting us and suggesting retail outlets for some specific items we needed.

We returned to the hotel at about 8PM and had a very quiet and restful evening, and a good night's sleep.

Sunday morning we had a great breakfast. As mentioned by others, the breakfast staff provided a high level of discrete service that allowed us to relax and enjoy a leisurely meal, after which we set out for St Mary C of E. We left our luggage with reception so that we could grab them on our way back to the train station for our short rail trip to our final destination. The bags were quickly and cheerfully fetched when we got back, and we were sent on our walk to the rail station with good directions.

For a one night visit, we were well served. The location allowed us convenient access to shopping and the rail station. I would recommend Novatel reading Centre.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JacquiMcMillan, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and compliments. I will make sure that I pass on your comments to our breakfast team who will be really pleased to hear them. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Reading Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Novotel a couple of years ago, all was going well until her appendix burst in the centre of Oxford and cut our break short. We decided we should try again. The hotel is very nice, clean and very well staffed. Check in took no time at all and my request for a high floor was granted. The room was clean and modern, the view from the 13th floor wasn't bad either. The hotel has a well equipped gym and a very nice Pool, Sauna and StemBreakfast was nice and the staff attentive. Restocking the Croissants could be faster though. We would happily visit this hotel again and we probably will. Be aware that if you wish to park a car for the night it's £14.00

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bognorgaz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Novotel Reading. I will be looking into the issues with the replensihing of croissants at breakfast, thanks for highlighting this. However, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel in central Reading for one night on 22 Feb 2013.
It is a smart, clean, modern, comfortable hotel, which provides everything one could possibly want for an overnight stay.
There was even a video gaming screen, and individual breakfast booths with headsets and TV screens!
The room smelled clean, and the beds were very comfortable, with crisp, fresh linen.
There were many modern touches, for example a very unusual shaped basin, original style of taps, computer keyboard.

The most impressive aspect of this hotel was the quality of service, not only at reception, but in the bar and in the breakfast room.
A special mention must be made of the breakfast staff, all of whom provided the level of service one would expect at a World class hotel. They were discreet, professional, respectful, attentive, efficient, courteous and helpful.
Breakfast itself was of excellent quality and variety.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacqui M, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

WOW, thank you so much for your comments and compliments. The team are going to be delighted with your very kind words and it will be an absolute pleasure to share it with them. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Reading Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2013

After an overnight flight from Bahrain I arrived early at around 9:00am and asked if there was any possibility of an early check in. The person dealing with me told me in a very curt manner that I had not requested early check in so it was not available, which I understood but was unhappy in the manner it was relayed to me. The Hotel receptionist then added that there were currently no Standard rooms available and I would be upgraded at a cost of twenty pounds per night, I expressed my objection and said my booking had been accepted therefore any upgrade should be at the hotel expense but was told in no uncertain terms that I would be charged.
Due to the lack of immediate availability I left my luggage and returned late afternoon, my intention at this stage was to cnacel my booking and move to another hotel, however I was at this point tired so checked in and was able to get the standard room. From that point I found my stay to be OK and was generally pleased with the hotel and its location.
With my business I travel a reasonable amount having in the last month used hotels in Dallas, UK, Dubai, Jeddah, Qatar etc and frequently use Hilton, Intercontinental, Meridien etc, I constantly receive complimentary upgrades and therefore found the initial reception at this hotel to be quite sub standard and was reluctant to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlanManama_Bahrain

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Novotel Reading. Your feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services and indeed the service we offer. With regards to your arrival and the room not being ready, I will look into this and how we addressed it with you. We do have a limited number of executive rooms and the majority of the time they are booked in advance. However please contact me directly for any future bookings and I will ensure that we have a room ready for your arrival and if available we will upgrade you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan - General Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Novotel is very well situated for city centre shopping and restaurants. The Oracle shopping centre is 5 mins walk away. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable.
The pool, although small is nice, steam room and sauna and a compact but handy gym
are all onsite. Breakfast was extra but was varied each day and of a good standard.
Only draw back was the noise from the street at night so try and plump for a North facing room if you can. It certainly didnt spoil to stay. The Oracle itself is an excellent place to eat so we didnt use the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter.