“Amazing Indian Food!”
Review of House of Flavours

House of Flavours
Ranked #35 of 622 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: House of Flavours brings the ultimate, authentic Indian fine dining experience to the Reading. A company deeply committed to setting standards in excellence and quality, its innovative yet traditional cuisine and impeccable service delivers just that, by effortlessly combining the contemporary with traditional. Elegant surroundings and scrumptious cuisine which leaves you feeling like a royal is what you can expect. Come and enjoy the best of Indian Cuisine at House of Flavours!
“Amazing Indian Food!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It's really amazing Indian food I had ever eat with the romantic Indian music that makes u enjoy the food.

“Good food”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 3 times since its opened and lovely food and good service. Need to improve the speed of food service.

“Fresh and flavoursome”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stumbled upon this by chance when searching for restaurants in Reading online. The other Tripadvisor reviews were excellent and we thought it to be a must visit based on these. It did disappoint on any level. We opted for the tasting menu which was superb, a great selection of poppadoms, starters, mains and even desserts included. I'm not normally a great fan of Indian desserts but have to say they were all excellent, in particular the kulfi which was delicately flavoured and not the normal pyramid that comes out of a plastic mould! Overall the food was extremely fresh and full of flavour which sets it aside from other Indian restaurants we have been to, and that's quite few over the years!! The a la carte menu had some of the 'recognised' dishes that appeal to the English but largely dishes that I had not heard of before which suggests it is more authentic. I think this is backed up by the number of Asian diners in the restaurant. It was a pleasant and refreshing change to see male and female waiting staff in what has been traditionally a male dominated environment. I would give this place 10/10 and urge you to try it.

2 Thank JD200478
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fawlty Towers service - ok ish food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went here last night for the first time. The level of service was comically appalling. We had booked a table for 8 and arrived at 8.03. One of the senior people met us and told us to take a seat at the bar even though the restaurant was half empty. 12 minutes later we were still there and nobody had spoken to us. We reminded the chap we were there and were then pointed to a table that had been empty all along!

Once seated we sat unattended for another 15 minutes. The same senior chap then came and started to take orders before getting distracted by one of the waitresses on the till and literally just walking off mid order! He didn't return and we sat for another 10 minutes before again having to ask somebody to take our order.

The starters eventually came and were ok. Nothing special but competent.

We then waited for around 40 minutes for the mains and these had to be prompted again. We were given cold plates and comically again, a metal heat plate that was stone cold!

The mains eventually came and again were ok but nothing above competent.

The manager (not the chap mentioned above) did apologise and offer us a discount and also 'free desserts' even though these were free anyway with the banquet option we had.

The decor was nice and I hope they can sort their service problems out. There seemed to be plenty of staff there and they were working hard but it seemed very disorganised.

On this showing I wouldn't go again.

• Visited August 2013
gastroconnoisseur, General Manager at House of Flavours, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I thank you for your feedback and review on TripAdvisor. We always take the guest feedback seriously and work upon them to better our customer experience.

On the above note I would like to inform you about the steps taken to ensure that the same service faults do not happen again.

1. Our staff has undergone a "Customer Service Training" and "Service Sequence Training".
2. Our chef has reviewed the recipes of our popular "Taster Menu" and appropriate changes have been implemented to ensure consistency.
3. We have hired one more staff member in the kitchen to ensure speedy delivery of orders.
4. As you would appreciate that we are a new restaurant and some teething problems are unavoidable. We have now fixed the Plate warmer and Metal Roller Grill which went faulty.
5. A job division study was done along with the training of new staff members to avoid the future service issues and to make them more organised.

I understand that it was a very busy night for the restaurant and there were new staffs on the floor. However I believe it should not be an excuse for the bad service.

I sincerely thank you again for your feedback as I believe that our service standards have improved because of it.

Please email me at info@house-of-flavours.co.uk or call me at 0118 950 3500 if you are satisfied with my response or if there any further queries related to your visit.

I hope to see you again at House Of Flavours Reading with an assurance of Fresh and Delicious food and a friendly service.

Best Regards

Chander Ahuja
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best indian in reading”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food is amazing and I really enjoyed it- definatly worth a try. The decoration was unique and pleasant.