“No frills - Casual breakfast - Super Tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe YOLK
Ranked #12 of 610 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Café YOLK offers a wide range of Breakfasts, Omelettes, Pancakes, Waffles, Burgers, Sandwiches, Sides, Teas, Coffees, Soft drinks and Smoothies.Born from Alexandra's passion for food, the concept for Café YOLK was developed in 2012. Alex and husband Sunny decided the people of east Reading deserved more choice and a good value eatery to enjoy when venturing out for food. The Erleigh Road location was chosen for it's great position and Sunny’s local community ties and the journey began – now Café YOLK offers a stylish and affordable alternative to the usual fare on offer in the area, from breakfasts to burgers, waffles to pancakes, coffees and smoothies Café YOLK provides a cut above when it comes to taste in a chilled out atmosphere with service to make you smile.
“No frills - Casual breakfast - Super Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

No frills - Casual breakfast - Super Tasty!
I had the mexican omelette which was superb - although my partner had the pancakes and bacon which was a little small on the portion sizing! ( could do with bigger pancakes and more bacon)
However lovely experience! Will make sure to return!!

Note: Main customers seem to be students/young professionals

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LookingForTheUnique

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great Breakfast...As Usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I typically eat at Café Yolk Saturday mornings. It has become our go-to breakfast place of choice, even after we moved out of Reading. The food is always delicious, and the service very organized and attentive, even when busy. We highly recommend the Eggs Florentine and the Mushroom & Swiss omelette. The Mexican omelette is special. The full English and the veggie breakfast are spot on. The smoothies are very good. I always say I'll try the waffles or pancakes, but seem to choose one of the egg dishes instead. There's always next time, I suppose. Looking forward to it.

3 Thank Scott E
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I go to Yolk almost every weekend as it's just around the corner from where I live. But that's not why I go back - I think it's probably one of the best cafes I've ever been to, and I've been all over the world and eaten at a lot of cafes! The food is all amazing (I've tried almost everything on the menu I think...) and top quality. What's even better is that it is such good value for money. Lots of students go there because it's so affordable. The staff are really friendly and are always happy to help. The highlight of course, are the eggs. I don't know where the chef gets them from but they are the best I've ever had, probably. Check it out! It's well worth it.

4 Thank lukebell1987
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love Cafe Yolk, the owners are warm and friendly. Also the staff always happy and polite. A great place to take family and friends. Regardless of what age they are. A great selection of food and drinks. Takeaway meals available too! Pam

3 Thank Pammi60
“"Pure Quality"!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

This Cafe is a real gem. I read the reviews (good and bad) and thought I've gotta give it a go. The place is well presented and with a really busy atmosphere. When we arrived the Cafe was full so decided to wait. The staff came out to acknowledge us straight away and said that they would endeavour to accommodate us and managed to within 10 mins. I had the eggs Benedict which was delicious and my friend had the Pulled pork Burger, which I also tried and was even better the than Benedict's. We also tried there smoothies and Milkshakes which were divine. This will now become my cafe of choice, the service is great, nothing was to much trouble really good value and looking around at what other were eating, I can't wait to go back. PURE QUALITY!!!!!!

4 Thank D B