Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$52
  • Pool
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
$59
$57
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
$78
$69
Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$106
$88
$144
$134
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$69
$66
  • Restaurant
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
$87
$84
Travelocity
$99
$86
Travelocity
$57
PremierInn.com
All reviewsoracle shopping centrecar parkmeal dealbusy roadlimited parkingexcellent locationcentral locationmain roadcomfy bedair concomfortable stayclean hotelbars and restaurantsfamily roomper nightnight's sleepreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having arrived a Reading Station I went to get a taxi to the Premier Inn. The taxi driver told me that it was only 5 minutes away on foot and so I didn't need one. It was quite difficult to find, took nearly 20 minutes and I only got there after asking three different people. That said, the receptionist was excellent - she explained everything and was friendly and accommodating. The facilities were as expected - comfortable but basic. I was unable to connect to the WiFi so missed out on the free 30 minutes. My biggest gripe was the restaurant. I arrived at 9.15pm on a Sunday evening, desperate for something to eat, but the restaurant had closed. It would have been useful to have known this at the time of booking. The friendly receptionist was able to direct me to a restaurant close by.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are right on a very busy road which was quite noisy.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I were looking forward to spending a girlie weekend in Reading. So I was so pleased when I found a Premier Inn a Hop, Skip and a Jump away from the Oracle shopping centre. The hotel is modern and extremely clean and smelt fresh and cared for. Our room was on the 3rd floor - the lift up to the floors was initially confusing but we finally got the hang of it. Our room was spacious and clean and we had the added bonus of a bath. The room overlooked the car-park and the only noise we heard was from the local church where the bells bonged spectaculary on Sunday morning what a great sound to wake up to. The breakfast was superb with lots of choice especially for me as a Vegetarian I would recommend the veggie sausages. Staff were friendly especially at Breakfast. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our experience with Premier Inn has been extremely positive. Both in London and Reading our rooms were clean, bathrooms thoroughly modern, and the staff was very friendly, pleasant, and helpful. The Reading Central Premier in is less than a block away from a bus stop, just across (a busy) road from the Oracle shopping area (which is also connected to the Broad Street shopping area), and from there just two more blocks to the rail station. We had a great time in Reading and a very comfortable stay at the Premier Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Best value in Reading, check in slow but made up for by comfort. Location excellent. Very clean and above average budget hotel service. Noise between rooms can be a bit disconcerting insofar as a rude neighbour banged the interconnecting door at 3am.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our check in experience was very good, speedy and a helpful duty manager. However, the room was at the front of the hotel (opposite the flyover) and was noisy. The room was very clean and everything was in perfect working order so no complaints there. It wasn't until I got out of the shower that I realised I was missing a towel and had to call down to Reception but they did arrive very quickly with towels in hand.

The bar staff were good and breakfast the next day was also excellent value with nice coffee.

All in all. a good experience and hotel is in a great location for xmas shopping. Just be careful to ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel to the flyover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the flyover.