“Perfect place to enjoy a weekend with friends”

Hillingdon Prince Hotel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Reading
“Perfect place to enjoy a weekend with friends”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booking the room was straight forward and amazing value for money. Good service, big rooms with microwave and fridge. Comfy beds and free view tv. The bathroom was a but dated but you can look past that for what you pay. Breakfast was really good and it's only a 20 minute walk from the centre of town. There is also free parking. What more could you want? Perfect for a little weekend break with good friends.

• Stayed May 2013
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel I do hope you will stay again for a weekend or maybe longer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business and I was very happy with the room. For the price the rooms and comfortable and clean. Some rooms also have their own cookign facilities which is great of working away from home. Overall I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel your comments are really appreciated. I hope you come and stay again soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been used to staying in premier inn and similar hotels but on this occasion plumped for a bargain booking at the Hillingdon Prince. The staff were very friendly, courteous & helpfull and I enjoyed being in a victorian style building with much more charm than the average premier inn. The price was excellent and we had the breakfast as part of the online deal which was good quality and service was good too. The hotel is just 15 mins walk from the centre of Reading so easy access to all shops & venues. Plenty of parking space too and all the usual stuff in your room, kettle and complimentary tea/coffee, hair drier and ironing board/iron available on request. I will definitely book a stay here again, no qualms. Dave D.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I am glad you found us to be in such a great location. We are lucky as we offer ample free parking yet so close to the town you can walk, saves loads on parking in the actual town centre. Also there is a bus service to twon that costs just £1.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My first visit to Hillingdon Prince Hotel , 39, Christchurch Road, Reading. Berkshire. UK, convinced me that its a place to be whenever you are away from home. In fact, I call it 'home from home'
Next visit was my entire family members and we all loved our stay. Nice environment and very warm reception from staff.
Will love to visit again and again
I highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed May 2013
THANK YOU for your review. I am glad you found our hotel to be home from home. I hope you back back to your second home soon!!
Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was very cheap, especially for a Friday night. The beds were nice and the tv was good, all was clean and well presented. My only gripe was that the shower wasn't great, however I just had a bath instead so it wasn't a problem. Also the bathroom had a slightly strange smell, but not unpleasant. The mini fridge with freezer compartment and microwave are great facilities to have in the room, as it means you can take you own food. The hotel even say they are keen for you to bring your own food or even bring takeaway into the hotel so this makes it very easy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you found us excellent value for money as this is what we are aiming for. I am sorry to hear you had a problem with the shower, if you ever have any issues please inform us straight away as we have staff on site to deal with this. Overall I am glad to hear you had a good stay.
Faro District, Portugal
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Bed was super comfy and rooms had way more than we expected. Compared to other hotels near by the Wellington ticks more boxes especially if your working away. Staff were really helpful and friendly and we were shown to our room by a lo rely gentleman. Perfect stay. Will definitely return

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you found the service good this is something we pride ourselves on. Please come back again soon.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks and left some honest feedback both positive and negative, but am really not impressed at all to recieve an email from the hotel saying they will give me £50 in vouchers if I leave a "kind" review. I think this is awful - people use Tripadvisor because they want impartial advice not for advice from people who have recieved vouchers for leaving "kind" feedback. Bad news!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank christossifer
We have many regular guests who choose to stay at our hotel, we do not bribe them to write a review or to come and stay again. We ran a special promotion for a short period where we offered people vouchers to come back but it is certainly their choice if they wish to choose our hotel and if they choose to write us a review. Many people enjoy their stay and are happy to let others know about this by writing a review and many people choose to come back. On occasion we offer vouchers for returning guests this is just in way of thanking them for their repreat business. We like to look after our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Reading hotels